Possible New Resource Vet's TBI- Perhaps Better Experience Than Myself

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sadly, I just Returned from the SHARE Program in Atlanta Georgia which I was recommend to via Emory Hospital in Atlanta via WWP. This is supposed be premier Program Issue TBI Related Issues- Balance, Vision, Memory, Cognition Blanace Etc.. and in fact has "some" wonderful staff members! However, sadly I was a "bolo" at this station, but perhaps others might have some luck.....

This was my very brief experience.....(results might not be replicated by others who try to attend!)

This program was designed for veterans with very good and noble intentions! I believe, however it, has in fact strayed from the path its creator/sponsor envisioned! As a non-profit, and privately funded, if I were funding it I would simply like to know were in fact every dime was spent and was it in fact spent wisely and all things budgeted for, such as Program, Facility...etc routine maintenance and upkeep. As stated, I was at SHARE very briefly, and as a Combat Vet with numerous issues I was very sadly disappointed and in total agreement with Program Director- we agreed to totally and radically disagree- decided to depart exceedingly early after they almost sent me to emergency room or worse, due to highly "adverse" chemical reaction's to something a former VA employee was wearing, as well as cleaning products utilized in this same former VA employee's Area of Responsibility- the "guest" apartments at "Biscayne!"

Normally, and I offered, to let by-gone's be by-gone's, even thought I personally take being harmed or worse, either though negligence, ignorance, or deliberate, very personally, and infact tend to get very upset and mean- as I think any Combat Survivor should!!! Well, the only real MH Professional I saw my 5-days there was in fact a Social Worker, which a degree in SW takes approximately 18-months versus the 5(+) years of training of a Liscensed psychologist. Well even though I was in fact cordial to staff but had very limited and heated conversation with Program Director, they simply had said SW check on me very routinely- as if to portray me as either violet or psychotic or worse! So, sometimes it is simply best to depart an area were the cards are simply stacked against one, and staff do not like being called out on their numerous faults in leadership and stewardship, of their sponsors money and resources!! Furthermore, the "Program" Director could not tell me if they in fact had a "staff" grooming standard- that specified hypo-allergenic skin and clothing products for work, nor could they even tell me if cleaning products were in fact Echo Friendly or hypo-allergenic (sent Staff and whole host others pictures of these products)????? Odd....Furthermore the staff neurologist claimed no one else could smell anything on said employee when, do various reasons my own sense of smell is hindered from 10-feet away!!!!!! I will not attach photos' of these products...as if anyone who reads this associated with sponsorship of this program only has to check numerous staff computers....if they so desire!!!!!

Worst yet was facility maintenance. SHARE is right smack downtown Atlanta- in or near very epicenter of crime. Also if memory serves they have had guest's struck by Atlanta Traffic- yet offer no road belts nor safety gear. Other vets asked about mine and I sent it all to staff to "consider" issuing something of the like. At Biscayne APT's I observed no security camera's anywhere to protect vets and their vehicles, etc... I was told by staff to ensure laundry room was locked as target of opportunity for other than guests....odd!!!! Also none of locks on my ground floor apartment worked, I had to buy WD-40 and "service" the locks myself- ended up giving bottle to RA staff for utilization as I left. My room was horrid, none of dishes nor silverware washed/cleaned... I am a fall risk and no shower mat. Had to purchase my own....as well as adequate pillows to accommodate GIRD and other conditions! I have also sleep on rocks in the mud and rain more comfortable than the bed I was given...the mattress was worn beyond out. Also, the lamp in my bed room with no ceiling fan nor light, was broken and an electrical hazard. That had to tell staff not to try to repair on own unless certified! I had a Curtain rod that was not attached to anything properly and slid off or to left or right as tried close one curtain. My blue couch was worn out so bad it leaned to one side. Furthermore, the AC/Heat control lid was broken. I received a very lengthy "speal" from same former VA employee about not, selling, nor giving away medications, but in my room was provided no means to secure the-i.e medicine cabinet nor even lock box- yet again odd???? Despicably considering how many folks had access from staff to APTs!!!! Also there was no safe or mechanism with staff to secure valuables such as car keys, electronics or jewelry, etc.. in APT.

Odd yet again given crime rate and all kinds of monitored access without security cameras..... Luckily I brought my own door jam and door stops to deter intruders.....do not think most "guests" think of this..... Out back of my apartment were several very real safety hazards and intruder friendly access, yet they chose to place "cones" over horse shoe pits.....odd yet again on that "brilliant decision!" As I was leaving, by chest of drawers literally fell apart and staff RA acknowledged he was aware of it but hoping it would last longer. Also, the van utilized carry veteran guests was broke and driver trying to fix engine himself. This van in fact had both side mirrors, as we say in Army, "circle X" meaning a "deadline" item due to safety or various reasons and vehicle cannot be utilized until repaired and "downtime" must be accounted for, by someone!!!!

Finally, being a USMA graduate, Open Water Dive Certified, Infantry officer, Gym Rat most of my life-they wanted to in fact certify me on a "deadlined" punching bag (Responsibility Physical Therapist), and Gym Equipment as well as the pool...but this was not to occur until week number-2. When are men considered men and do not in fact have to be certified on everything by someone most likely less knowledgeable than them????

Given, sodium fluoride (Prozac) and other chemicals in local water, did not even provide any sort of bottled water or alternative like Gatorade etc....which some vets need for numerous "health reasons" etc....

All of this and more I sent to numerous staff, as well as litany of others .....(see attached pictures), with, as I was told by various staff very valid corrective measures, however simply seemed quite pleased with status quo.. and no disciplinary action taken for "inadequate" leadership or stewardship of funds and resources....

I simply place it in the highest court of the lad, you, the public-hopefully veterans- to decide for yourselves....... whether or not mine, and I would hope the sponsors of this program, standards are in fact "too" high!!!!!????? Or if Vets' are being placed unnecessarily at risk due to those charged to execute this program on behalf of the sponsor...??????

Well, That was my experience others may in fact have better and SHARE does offer quite a lot not offered by VA, etc..... but be prepared for two hour phone screen of death by yet another SW....so budget "air" time accordingly

Attachments

• Slide1.JPG
    Slide1.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Slide2.JPG
    Slide2.JPG
    227.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Slide3.JPG
    Slide3.JPG
    188.2 KB · Views: 9
Oh, I forgot to mention, said male SW was in fact a photo journalist and covered Iraq War at some Newspaper in South Carolina, where I went to Graduate school, so I might expect some retaliation on my reviews on Home Depot Books on Amazon.com- oh welll....

For more positive feedback on SHARE and Shepherd Center, I would simply refer all those interested to GS Fowler as they are seldom wrong......

It sounds like a very distasteful experience. Hope you find something much better soon.

All asked founder this cite via email if could post some of following- or should say tried post following new book reviews on Amazon.com. In absence of direction, decided to execute without permission and beg forgiveness later if necessary..... As they say in Army better to be tried by 12 than carried by 8!

Oddly if you note picture previous post SHARE Biscayne Apartment BLDGS do not even conform to page 13 of Americans with Disabilities Act Questions and Answer's under "Architectural Standards!" handed out by SHARE Staff in their "client" notebook- which I scanned- I do believe, but am not attorney....etc....

Hope This assists some veterans out there as well as other's but please refer GS Fowler for much more positive feedback......

Thanks and best wishes all.....
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Optimum Environments For Optimum Health and Creativity: Designing and Building a Healthy Home or Office Paperback – 2002

This Should Also Be Required Reading SHARE Program Alanta Georgia And By US DVA Personnel

https://www.amazon.com/review/creat...e=UTF8&channel=glance-detail&asin=0972129901#

This book, among others, such as Home Improvement 1-2-3: Expert Advice from The Home Depot (Home Depot ... 1-2-3) Hardcover – Unabridged, March 15, 2003 at (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0696213273/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0) and Wiring 1-2-3 (Home Depot ... 1-2-3) Hardcover – January 15, 2001 by Home Depot Books (Author),‎ Catherine Staub (Editor)by The Home Depot (Author) at (https://www.amazon.com/dp/069621184X/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0 )[see reviews]
should in fact be mandatory reading for all personnel associated with the SHARE Program in Atlanta Georgia at https://www.shepherd.org/patient-programs/care-for-us-service-members . This program was designed for veterans with very good and noble intentions and I believe has in fact strayed from the path its creator envisioned!!

As a non-profit, and privately funded, if I were funding it I would simply like to know were in fact every dime was spent and was it in fact spent wisely and all things budgeted for, such as Program, Facility...etc routine maintenance and upkeep. I was at SHARE very briefly, and as a Combat Vet with numerous issues I was very sadly disappointed and in total disagreement with Program Director- we agreed to totally and radically disagree- and I decided to depart exceedingly early after they almost sent me to emergency room or worse, due to highly "adverse" chemical reaction's to something a former VA employee was wearing, as well as cleaning products utilized in this same former VA employee's Area of Responsibility- the "guest" apartments at "Biscayne!" Cannot believe they were not aware as a ot of Vet's suffer this.....Yet again ODD!!!! I have asked VA employees via MHV Secure messaging if in fact they are trained on “PROTECTING” veterans against “chemicals” as a whole lot of veterans suffer from this and have thus far received no answere and truly expect none!?!? I also aske if they are traine on “Dirty Electricity” and protecting veterans from that as well- see book “radiation Nation” I have shown/given SHARE employees, VA employees and regular civilians. Oddly, our predecessor’s knew about all this back in the 1960’s and 70’s and in US have done little to “Protect US All,” just like “Sodium Floride” in most US cities “water supplies” which is in fact Prozac and has nothing to do with anyone’s “dental” health!!!!!

Normally, and I offered, to let by-gone's be by-gone's, even thought I personally take being harmed or worse, either though negligence, ignorance, or even, “POSSIBLY” deliberate, very personally, and ted to get very upset and mean-AS I HOPE ANY COMBAT SURVIVOR Would!. Well, the only real Mental HealthProfessional I saw my “SHORT” 5-days there was in fact a Social Worker, which a degree in takes approximately 18-months (+/-) versus the 5(+) years of training of a LICENSED psychologist, and longer with “PRACTICAL” experience!!!!!! Well even though I was in fact cordial to staff, and really liked/respected several, but had a very limited, blunt and heated conversation with Program Director, they simply had said SW check on me very routinely- as if to portray me as either violet or psychotic or worse!!!! (yes if one loses their temeper in the uS today they will simply claim one is in fact BI-POLAR!!!) So, sometimes it is simply best to depart an area were the cards are simply stacked against one, and staff do not like being called out on their numerous faults in leadership and stewardship, of their sponsors money. Furthermore, the "Program" Director could not tell me if they in fact had a "staff" grooming standard- that specified hypo-allergenic skin and clothing products for work, nor could they even tell me if cleaning products (I sent staff and numerous others pictures of) were in fact Echo Friendly or hypo-allergenic????? Odd....yet again!!!! Furthermore the staff neurologist claimed no one else could smell anything on said employee when, do to various reasons my own sense of smell is hindered- from 10-feet away!!!!!! I will not attach photos' of these products...as if anyone who reads this and is associated with sponsorship of this program only has to check numerous staff computers....if they so desire!!!!!

Worst yet was facility maintenance. SHARE is right smack downtown Atlanta- in or near very epicenter of crime!!! (see picture Atlanta Crime Numbers) Also,if memory serves, they have had guest's struck by Atlanta Traffic- yet offer no road belts nor "high-vis" safety gear for walking various parts of program.. Other vets asked about mine and I sent it all to staff to "consider" issuing something of the like. At Biscayne APT's I observed no security camera's anywhere to protect vets and their vehicles, etc... I was told by staff to ensure laundry room was locked as target of opportunity for other than guests/intruders....odd!!!! Also none of locks on my ground floor apartment worked, I had to buy WD-40 and "service" the locks myself- ended up giving bottle to RA staff for utilization as I left!!!!

My room was horrid, none of dishes nor silverware washed/cleaned... I am a fall risk and no shower mat. Had to purchase my own....as well as adequate pillows to accommodate GIRD and other conditions! I have also sleept on rocks in the mud and rain more comfortable than the bed I was given...the mattress was beyond worn out- offered Program Manager to lay on it themselves but declined!. Also, the lamp in my bed room, with no ceiling fan nor light, was broken and an electrical hazard. I had to tell staff not to try to repair on their own unless certified! I had a Curtain rod that was not attached to anything properly and slid off or to left or right as tried close one curtain- other apparently stolen- along with "battery" in clock-had replace that as well!!!! My blue couch was worn out so bad it leaned to one side. Furthermore, the AC/Heat control lid was broken. I received a very lengthy "speal" from same former VA employee about not, selling, nor giving away medications, but in my room was provided no means to secure these medications-i.e medicine cabinet nor even lock box- yet again odd???? Despicably considering how many folks had unlimited access from staff to APTs!!!! Also there was no safe or mechanism with staff to secure valuables such as car keys, electronics or jewelry, etc.. in APT or Program!

Odd yet again, given crime rate and all kinds of un-monitored access without security cameras..... Luckily I brought my own door jam and door stops to deter intruders.....do not think most "guests" think of this..... Out back of my apartment were several very real safety hazards and intruder friendly access, yet they chose to place "cones" over horse shoe pits.....odd yet again on that "brilliant decision!" (some vets wake up disorientated- what would happen if fell off small cliff back of my apartment with no safety fencing?) As I was leaving, my chest of drawers literally fell apart and staff RA acknowledged he was aware of it but hoping it would last "a little-longer!" Also, the van utilized to carry/transport veteran guests was broke and driver trying to fix engine himself- was he also "certified" mechanic????? This van in fact had both side mirrors, as we say in Army, "circle X" meaning a "deadline" item due to safety or various reasons and vehicle cannot be utilized until repaired and "downtime" must be accounted for, by someone- as well as accident/ damage reports collected!!!!
Finally, being a USMA graduate, Open Water Dive Certified, Infantry officer, Gym Rat most of my life they wanted to in fact certify me on a "deadlined" punching bag, and Gym Equipment as well as the pool...but this was not to occur until week number-2...hummph???? When are men considered men and do not in fact have to be certified on everything by someone most likely less knowledgeable than them????

Given, sodium fluoride (Prozac) and other chemicals most likely in local water, did not even provide any sort of bottled water or alternative like Gatorade etc....which some vets need for numerous "health reasons" etc.... Some, staff, were in fact aware of this short-coming, but seemed “skittish” to ask, when all they could say is “NO!”
All of this and more I sent to numerous staff, as well as litany of others .....(see attached pictures-many, many more taken and sent), along with, as I was told by staff valid corrective recommendations-however simply seemed quite pleased with status quo.. and no disciplinary action taken for "inadequate" leadership or stewardship of funds and resources....
I simply place it in the highest court of the lad, you, the public to decide for yourselves....... whether or not mine, and I would hope the sponsors of this program, standards are in fact "too" high!!!!!????? Or if Vets' are being placed unnecessarily at risk due to those charged to execute this program on behalf of the sponsor...??????
Veterans should not have to endure the same or worse than the US DVA. To see what vets deal with in all sorts of spectrum's I would recommend PEB Forum at pebforum.com. (http://pebforum.com/threads/possibl...-perhaps-better-experience-than-myself.42787/ ) One of the super moderators is very familiar with this program and apparently had much better experience for those interested!!!!!

PS: My personal “Allergist,” whome, is very smart man, personally knows the author of this book a suggested I look him up……

“Says a writer whom few know, "Forty years after a battle it is easy for a non-combatant to reason about how it ought to have been fought. It is another thing personally and under fire to direct the fighting while involved in the obscuring smoke of it. Much so with respect to other emergencies involving considerations both practical and moral, and when it is imperative promptly to act." HERMAN MELVILLE, Billy Budd From : http://www.literary-quotations.com/w/war_quotes.html

Also, “Every job is important….” I believe by GEN(Ret.) Colin Powelll
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Chemical Sensitivity: Tools, Diagnosis and Method of Treatment, Volume IV by William J. Rea (1996-12-13) Hardcover – 1623 by William J. Rea (Author)
https://www.amazon.com/Chemical-Sensitivity-Diagnosis-Treatment-1996-12-13/dp/B01JXPB1VO/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1517246032&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=Chemical+Sensitivilty+Volume+4

This Book By Dr. Rea Should Also Be Required Reading SHARE Program Alanta Georgia And By US DVA Personnel
https://www.amazon.com/review/creat...e=UTF8&channel=glance-detail&asin=B01JXPB1VO#

This Should Also Be Required Reading SHARE Program Alanta Georgia And By US DVA Personnel

https://www.amazon.com/review/creat...e=UTF8&channel=glance-detail&asin=0972129901#

This book, among others, such as, Optimum Environments For Optimum Health and Creativity: Designing and Building a Healthy Home or Office Paperback – 2002
by M.D. William J. Rea (Author)- (https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Envi...nvironments+for+optimum+health+and+creativity ), Home Improvement 1-2-3: Expert Advice from The Home Depot (Home Depot ... 1-2-3) Hardcover – Unabridged, March 15, 2003 at (https://www.amazon.com/dp/0696213273/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0) and Wiring 1-2-3 (Home Depot ... 1-2-3) Hardcover – January 15, 2001 by Home Depot Books (Author),‎ Catherine Staub (Editor)by The Home Depot (Author) at (https://www.amazon.com/dp/069621184X/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0 )[see reviews]should in fact be mandatory reading for all personnel associated with the SHARE Program in Atlanta Georgia at https://www.shepherd.org/patient-programs/care-for-us-service-members . This program was designed for veterans with very good and noble intentions and I believe has in fact strayed from the path its creator envisioned!!

As a non-profit, and privately funded, if I were funding it I would simply like to know were in fact every dime was spent and was it in fact spent wisely and all things budgeted for, such as Program, Facility...etc routine maintenance and upkeep. I was at SHARE very briefly, and as a Combat Vet with numerous issues I was very sadly disappointed and in total disagreement with Program Director- we agreed to totally and radically disagree- and I decided to depart exceedingly early after they almost sent me to emergency room or worse, due to highly "adverse" chemical reaction's to something a former VA employee was wearing, as well as cleaning products utilized in this same former VA employee's Area of Responsibility- the "guest" apartments at "Biscayne!" Cannot believe they were not aware as a ot of Vet's suffer this.....Yet again ODD!!!! I have asked VA employees via MHV Secure messaging if in fact they are trained on “PROTECTING” veterans against “chemicals” as a whole lot of veterans suffer from this and have thus far received no answere and truly expect none!?!? I also aske if they are traine on “Dirty Electricity” and protecting veterans from that as well- see book “radiation Nation” I have shown/given SHARE employees, VA employees and regular civilians. Oddly, our predecessor’s knew about all this back in the 1960’s and 70’s and in US have done little to “Protect US All,” just like “Sodium Floride” in most US cities “water supplies” which is in fact Prozac and has nothing to do with anyone’s “dental” health!!!!!

Normally, and I offered, to let by-gone's be by-gone's, even thought I personally take being harmed or worse, either though negligence, ignorance, or even, “POSSIBLY” deliberate, very personally, and ted to get very upset and mean-AS I HOPE ANY COMBAT SURVIVOR Would!. Well, the only real Mental HealthProfessional I saw my “SHORT” 5-days there was in fact a Social Worker, which a degree in takes approximately 18-months (+/-) versus the 5(+) years of training of a LICENSED psychologist, and longer with “PRACTICAL” experience!!!!!! Well even though I was in fact cordial to staff, and really liked/respected several, but had a very limited, blunt and heated conversation with Program Director, they simply had said SW check on me very routinely- as if to portray me as either violet or psychotic or worse!!!! (yes if one loses their temeper in the uS today they will simply claim one is in fact BI-POLAR!!!) So, sometimes it is simply best to depart an area were the cards are simply stacked against one, and staff do not like being called out on their numerous faults in leadership and stewardship, of their sponsors money. Furthermore, the "Program" Director could not tell me if they in fact had a "staff" grooming standard- that specified hypo-allergenic skin and clothing products for work, nor could they even tell me if cleaning products (I sent staff and numerous others pictures of) were in fact Echo Friendly or hypo-allergenic????? Odd....yet again!!!! Furthermore the staff neurologist claimed no one else could smell anything on said employee when, do to various reasons my own sense of smell is hindered- from 10-feet away!!!!!! I will not attach photos' of these products...as if anyone who reads this and is associated with sponsorship of this program only has to check numerous staff computers....if they so desire!!!!!
Worst yet was facility maintenance. SHARE is right smack downtown Atlanta- in or near very epicenter of crime!!! (see picture Atlanta Crime Numbers) Also,if memory serves, they have had guest's struck by Atlanta Traffic- yet offer no road belts nor "high-vis" safety gear for walking various parts of program.. Other vets asked about mine and I sent it all to staff to "consider" issuing something of the like. At Biscayne APT's I observed no security camera's anywhere to protect vets and their vehicles, etc... I was told by staff to ensure laundry room was locked as target of opportunity for other than guests/intruders....odd!!!! Also none of locks on my ground floor apartment worked, I had to buy WD-40 and "service" the locks myself- ended up giving bottle to RA staff for utilization as I left!!!!

My room was horrid, none of dishes nor silverware washed/cleaned... I am a fall risk and no shower mat. Had to purchase my own....as well as adequate pillows to accommodate GIRD and other conditions! I have also sleept on rocks in the mud and rain more comfortable than the bed I was given...the mattress was beyond worn out- offered Program Manager to lay on it themselves but declined!. Also, the lamp in my bed room, with no ceiling fan nor light, was broken and an electrical hazard. I had to tell staff not to try to repair on their own unless certified! I had a Curtain rod that was not attached to anything properly and slid off or to left or right as tried close one curtain- other apparently stolen- along with "battery" in clock-had replace that as well!!!! My blue couch was worn out so bad it leaned to one side. Furthermore, the AC/Heat control lid was broken. I received a very lengthy "speal" from same former VA employee about not, selling, nor giving away medications, but in my room was provided no means to secure these medications-i.e medicine cabinet nor even lock box- yet again odd???? Despicably considering how many folks had unlimited access from staff to APTs!!!! Also there was no safe or mechanism with staff to secure valuables such as car keys, electronics or jewelry, etc.. in APT or Program!

Odd yet again, given crime rate and all kinds of un-monitored access without security cameras..... Luckily I brought my own door jam and door stops to deter intruders.....do not think most "guests" think of this..... Out back of my apartment were several very real safety hazards and intruder friendly access, yet they chose to place "cones" over horse shoe pits.....odd yet again on that "brilliant decision!" (some vets wake up disorientated- what would happen if fell off small cliff back of my apartment with no safety fencing?) As I was leaving, my chest of drawers literally fell apart and staff RA acknowledged he was aware of it but hoping it would last "a little-longer!" Also, the van utilized to carry/transport veteran guests was broke and driver trying to fix engine himself- was he also "certified" mechanic????? This van in fact had both side mirrors, as we say in Army, "circle X" meaning a "deadline" item due to safety or various reasons and vehicle cannot be utilized until repaired and "downtime" must be accounted for, by someone- as well as accident/ damage reports collected!!!!
Finally, being a USMA graduate, Open Water Dive Certified, Infantry officer, Gym Rat most of my life they wanted to in fact certify me on a "deadlined" punching bag, and Gym Equipment as well as the pool...but this was not to occur until week number-2...hummph???? When are men considered men and do not in fact have to be certified on everything by someone most likely less knowledgeable than them????

Given, sodium fluoride (Prozac) and other chemicals most likely in local water, did not even provide any sort of bottled water or alternative like Gatorade etc....which some vets need for numerous "health reasons" etc.... Some, staff, were in fact aware of this short-coming, but seemed “skittish” to ask, when all they could say is “NO!”
All of this and more I sent to numerous staff, as well as litany of others .....(see attached pictures-many, many more taken and sent), along with, as I was told by staff valid corrective recommendations-however simply seemed quite pleased with status quo.. and no disciplinary action taken for "inadequate" leadership or stewardship of funds and resources....
I simply place it in the highest court of the lad, you, the public to decide for yourselves....... whether or not mine, and I would hope the sponsors of this program, standards are in fact "too" high!!!!!????? Or if Vets' are being placed unnecessarily at risk due to those charged to execute this program on behalf of the sponsor...??????

Veterans should not have to endure the same or worse than the US DVA. To see what vets deal with in all sorts of spectrum's I would recommend PEB Forum at pebforum.com. (http://pebforum.com/threads/possibl...-perhaps-better-experience-than-myself.42787/ ) One of the super moderators is very familiar with this program and apparently had much better experience for those interested!!!!!

PS: My personal “Allergist,” whome, is very smart man, personally knows the author of this book a suggested I look him up……

“Says a writer whom few know, "Forty years after a battle it is easy for a non-combatant to reason about how it ought to have been fought. It is another thing personally and under fire to direct the fighting while involved in the obscuring smoke of it. Much so with respect to other emergencies involving considerations both practical and moral, and when it is imperative promptly to act." HERMAN MELVILLE, Billy Budd From : http://www.literary-quotations.com/w/war_quotes.html

Also, “Every job is important….” I believe by GEN(Ret.) Colin Powelll

Attachments

• SHARE-Shepherd Center A Guide To Disability Rights Law scanned 29 JAN 2018 appx 0533 AM CST.pdf
    815.9 KB · Views: 0
  • SHARE-Shepherd Center Copy Americans w Disabilities Act Questions And answers scanned 29 JAN ...pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
By chance does anyone out there the US Medical professional Code- "Do no harm.....????" Something like that.....??????

All- thought I would just SHARE some safety tips as I have not left Baldwin County Alabama in really long time that I discovered on my "road" trip to SHARE in Atlanta Georgia:

1) As I entered Georgia and got closer, and closer to Atlanta the road markings- i.e. lane markings, sings, margin markers, and even cones/barrels actually lit up the way they are in fact supposed to, and really placed the "zap" on my brain! I told them this at SHARE, and they actually tested my vision and in fact found a lot of what I was reporting to be true, as well as things I was totally UN-aware of.... and even that "occupational therapists" in fact did such things as none at Walter Reed did this, nor at VA- not like I have ever seen one at VA....!!!

So, just one week in Atlanta got my eyes adjusted, so coming back to Baldwin County, Alabama was in fact a real "joy" and reverse "zap" to the brain as could not even see Interstate exit "margin" markers or "lane" markings even with "high" beams......

2) Speech pathology- encouraged taking notes and asked me to actually show them how I take notes- which I did... note cards and old sstandard Army Green notebook I pullled out of my bag. I have since sent them another way I take notes, which is on store and restaurant receipts- that way proves I was there on that day and time, "ESPECIALLY" if anything wierd happens and "Law Enforcement" might get involved, especially if one knows one is constantly on "LAW Enforcement's" radar screen (As sadly a lot of veterans and other's are!!!!) for no real reason. For instance in my area where the PROBATE JUDGE has no law degree nor formal leagal training, one can simply be accused of being Bi-Polar for loosing one's temper...humph!!!!!

It is tragic what occurred to me at SHARE, as there are in fact a few "good" staff that really care and have tools no one else does, let alone the US Department of Veteran's Affairs (VA), to assist vet's.....

They even have "balance" testing machine's; dizziness testing machine's, driving modules, etc..... the list goes on and on....

That is why I would encourage those whom have any interest to apply or at least start dialogue with GS-Fowler.....

Sadly, for me, they could not "pay" me to return.........

The phone number for the Clinical Program Manager at SHARE is 404-603-4306 and Admissions is 404-603-4314

Hope this greatly assist's a whole lot of folks.....

Thanks

Oh-I forgot- the "occupational" therapist aware of carpel tunnel in both of my wrists even tested my "hand strength" and "pinch strength" in both hands- something the US Department of Veteran Affairs nor Walter Reed ever did....not even at WRIISC (War Related Illness and Injury Center) in Washington DC. were do not even have Infectious Diease Doctor nor Rheumatologist, nor Cardiologist, Risperdologist on staff... and when I was there had to get worked into "clinics" like MRI- CAT Scan, etc.. with the "regular" patients at the VA Hospital in Washington, DC....

Heck- Gulf Coast VA- which streches from Biloxi, MS to past Panama City Flordia does not even have some of these specalities on staff onor in same location let alone MRI machine at Main HQ in Biloxi MS.... not to mention no fMRI- PET machines etc....... actually asked me about this at SHARE if memory serves as quite a chaotic time......

Oh and here is a novel concept.....the staff "neurologist" actually double checked the "occupational therapists" work himself very shortly after they tested me.... nothing that has ever occurred at the US Department of Veteran Affairs.......

So like I said...probably worth a lot of vets' checking into........ as may have much better experience......

SHARE Program Nurse Number: 404-603-4301

They even have a "Life Coach" who checks on folks after finish program and was en route California to check on veteran as I arrived......

Lastly, I hope, as cannot keep everything straight these days- more often than not- they have "Recreational Therapy" and unlike the US Department of Veteran Affairs or Walter it is in fact "goal" directed to tie in with one's other physical and "cognitive goals. They offer the gambit, from Archery to firearms- but one needs let them know if "prohibited" from these items/tools- to Rock Climbing, swimming with Whale Sharks, to simple "craft projects that forces one to utilize "fine" motor skills and pay "significant" attention to detail for extended periods of time....

They even accept new ideas... such as Cane Master's-Warrior Cane Project (Self-Defense with The Cane) started by the USMC with Grand Master Sheuy out of Nevada...

http://www.canemasters.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=22

(I myself was supposed to attend a Seminar with Grand Master Shuey, but had to cancel at last minute due to "dental" issues that should have been resolved eon's ago by the US DVA....)

The "recreational therapist" at SHARE themselves was into Martial Arts..... and even offered to assist me in some goals in that regard.... as above

Sadly, at least in Gulf Coast VA/VISN-16- "recreational therapy", was never anywhere near this and by and large cut, even though had "great" individual willing to do a lot if funded and resourced.....

As per VA, "recreational therapy" gets a lot of their "craft" kits via donation, and I asked if "manufactured" by "PRISON INDUSTRIES" and to their knowledge the answer was no.....

Several, of the wounded young soldiers there, one supposedly "Purple Heart" winner from Caribbean, were as I sadly disappointed in the US DVA and had strong angst because they were trying to improve their "quality of life" to the extent they could, and like myself cognizant of the US DVA's pro-civility to try and "take-away" as much as possible, simply because of this.....

So yet again I would encourage all vet's to look into this program and it is a shame the US DVA cannot do a whole lot of this.... but that is why Veteran's and other's need to write their Congressmen and Senator's constantly, and be very aware of "ISSUE's" (both sides of a constructive debate) and not solely "character assassination" only when heading to the Ballot Boxes......

Also, like the VA SHARE also has a peer support specialist......

Once Again......SHARE PHONE Numbers Below:

The phone number for the Clinical Program Manager at SHARE is 404-603-4306 and Admissions is 404-603-4314; SHARE Program Nurse Number: 404-603-4301

Thanks and hope some veterans consider applying......

(PS: Even saw a "test" driving car but never got to inquire about that.....)

For those of you interested I have attached an "Example" of store receipt, notes I sent SHARE "speech-pathologist" and US DVA Personnel- as mentioned above. This solves several issues in that if store, etc... has "Security" cameras etc... hard to refute what in fact went on and negates, one would hope, necessity of carrying around a camera all the time or having "photo-graphic" memory which only very few have- as even for "general public" state-by-sTate- can incur issues with that but oddly apparently not stores, etc.., as have asked some stores if had "licensee" for security camera s and the answer was no.... odd....

Also security footage can be altered or even deleted.....

Do not know "how" effective this would be with the "wondrous" "legal system" in my area......

Hope this assist's other's in some regard.......

Attachments

• Example Store Reciept Note's-dtd 30 JAN 2018.pdf
    255.7 KB · Views: 3
FWIW, if you are finding yourself challenged with memory, concentration and documentation of day to day milestones, I highly discourage the use of taking notes on post-its, receipts or any other small pieces of paper.

As mentioned earlier, I was able to overcome many of my cognitive deficits due to traumatic brain injury. On the the key components in my recovery was the use of assistive technology.

The combination of using my iMac, iPad, iPhone and many useful mobile apps has allowed me to organize data in a manner in which it makes recovery easy.

Check out this website: http://id4theweb.com/

I know it looks pretty simple, but it is by design. The principal for this non-profit is Michelle Ranae Wild (goes by Ranae to her friends, Michelle for students). I was fortunate enough to be enrolled in her ABI program at Coastline Community College in Orange County while I was in the WTU (my place of duty).

The program that Michelle teaches is wonderful. Michelle also is involved with several non-profits in San Diego county and provides materials to the USMC WWB Camp Pendelton and WTU Balboa.

GS Fowler I agree and also respectfully disagree with you. Both my US DVA Providers as well "speech" pathologist at SHARE recommended writing note's /journal-ing.... however, as I mentioned to them "research" shows that folks cannot "multi-task" effectively, "they" replied that new "research might be indicating "otherwise".....

Thought, very good reply, but what everyone has in fact stressed is "organization," pushing one's limits (safely), etc...- if one take's notes on post-it's, note cards receipts etc.. and then scan to a file or even staple or glue in a notebook, is not one achieving the same thing?????

Well that is why things must evolve and "more" research and "funding" for things such as this is required....

The "human mind" is less understood than our own planet, and contains more neurons, synapses etc... than the known universe.... yet we understand it less- even in the year 2018....

I too have utilize "digital" things for memory improvement, but have found as US DVA "speech pathologist" (very good "out-lyre" in DVA system) that reading every day and writing did more for me personally than anything else in regards "memory" improvement..... but I did not get to see fully what SHARE had to offer in this regard and perhaps maybe something even more beneficial would have been advocated/ suggested.... (I was and avid reader prior being guest "federal/state" government- but got out of habit as everything as a "guest" simply seemed like punishment, and not much in way of improvement of anything was offered or even encouraged... to the woe of a very few "enlightened" wards/ Gurads).....

Ergo- why I would recommend folks to in fact apply to SHARE... or other such programs..if can find them, which is a challenge in and of itself as no "master" data-base on this for vets to look at, etc.....

One shoe-size in regards this "stuff" simply does not in fact fit all, what works for one may not work for another like a visual vs. "hands-on" learner, etc....

Also, I find it odd, that with a few exceptions, our European military counterparts although less deployed, when become vets get better treatment and care from their countries than our veterans here in US. Also some of these countries "light-years" ahead of US in research into PTSD and other numerous things than US.....

-Once Again......SHARE-Atlanta GA PHONE Numbers Below:

The phone number for the Clinical Program Manager at SHARE is 404-603-4306 and Admissions is 404-603-4314; SHARE Program Nurse Number: 404-603-4301

Thanks and hope some veterans consider applying...... Thanks GS-Fowler

GS Fowler- forgot:

At SHARE, as stated, the "Occupational Therapist" tested all aspects of my vision to "include" but not limited to "peripheral vision!" I was having "difficulty" in certain"eye-movement" range and they had a "computer" simulator that in fact, after one use, I have found did in fact help with that issue.....!!!!! (do not know with just one use will be able to sustain, thought!)

Also, even as testing me this "occupational" threapsit realized they need a mirror to assist me, themselves, and other veterans with an issue I was totally UN-aware I even had.....

Hopefully, they will get said mirror, and no be "afraid" to ask, as was another who was hesitant to even ask for "Bottled-Water," etc..for "guests of Program.... (Just learned oddly, from my allergist- yesterday "glass" bottles and not "distilled" water there-in is best.... but regular- non fuzzy mineral water in "glass" plafons is hard to find as I am discovering! Oddly, told me "charcoal" filtered masks as well as hepa-filters [created during hight cold-war nuclear threat] best as well to filter air pollutants... all this in books recommed to SHARE above, etc....) Allergist even recommended looking up a DR by name of Theron Randolf/ Doris Rapp)

Wonder why the US Military and US DVA do not execute these things on their soldiers and veterans returning from combat with TBI etc......oh well.....??????????

So yet again I would encourage whole lot folks apply SHARE in Atlanta as might not have as "tragic" experience as myself......

Kind of reminds me of the book Art of War by Sun Tzu- and utilization of "spies"....wonder what role ex-government employyes kind of play in this regard if "status quo" is maintained across the board and nothing ever "changes" because of possibly the so called "Deep-State" of things....??????????

-Once Again......SHARE-Atlanta GA PHONE Numbers Below:

Thanks and hope some veterans consider applying...... Thanks GS-Fowler

PS: Something esle told SHARE been trying doo improve memory is basic "math" in my head, and tried one place worked broefly "memorize" everthying on shelves and in store! Have found CC-cleaner assits as well as try count different colors, as is akin some tet's DDVA and other's administer this sort of thing!!!!!

Last edited:
All- sorry keep forgetting things. On way store this morning was listening to the song "copperhead Road" by Steve Earl-
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvaEJzoaYZk
- and remember that at SHARE in Atlanta Georgia the "Recreational Therapist" actually had song writers from Nasheville etc... come in and write songs about Veterans experinces as part of threapy....

I was, and probably not gone over too well, if made that far write a song on how "Less Than Helpful" the uS DVA is etc....

Also song above, has interesting integration of "bag-pipes" as told folks at store, and reminded of all the "English" named neighborhoods , around Fairhope AL, etc.... Even a long time ago found, I believe, a picture of a Pier in Whales, UK, that looked exactly like the Fairhop, AL Municipal Pier (http://piercam.cofairhope.com/view/viewer_index.shtml?id=61391 ) which was rebuilt with FEMA Funds, largely after, Hurricane Katrinia..... and as best I can tell, and told by some locals not built nor maintained "quite right"..... asked US Army Corps Engineers but never got an answer.....odd??????

Recreational therapy, also does "art" classes, and that reminded me the City of Fairhope, AL Arts and Crafts Festival is coming up, and people all over the country flock to this region for it....

As the young vets at SHARE told me, they wanted to "improve" themselves and not sit in a bar and drink beer, tell war stories, and smoke cigarettes all the time... the City of Fairhope is attempting to get open container laws passed for an "entertainment" district down-town- where in facts "arts Festival is held! Wonder of passed will increase sales????

Also reminded me of my time as "Federal/State of AL -guest" some of the prisoner's did art work that was as close to "real" life as one could get, and did "Leather WorK' to rivial any of the worlds finest "Leather" manufacturer's- and this, with a lot of things, is a dying Art in the US for some reason.....as told people at local "ethnic" restaurant....

Finally my allergist told me to have my house water tested after I got back from SHARE in Atlanta, and was given nothing but the run-around as I told him I would or that results would more than likely be "fudged" is anything bad....well see attached email to City of Fairhope Mayor -Honorable Karin Wilson-for one's self- the run-around veterans and other's actually get.....

(sent pictures of issues and crud in water whole host of places as well...)

So please once again I hope a whole lot of people try and apply to SHARE in Atlanta GA:

Once Again......SHARE-Atlanta GA PHONE Numbers Below:

Attachments

• Redacted Compy Eamil Mayor City Fairhope AL-Water Testing-dtd 31 JAN 2018 appx 0944 AM CST.pdf
    862.1 KB · Views: 0
Also, I forgot about "Recreational Therapy" and as US DVA teaches about veterans with PTSD- sight's sounds, smells, can bring back memories of the "traumatic" events they faced in combat.....

As per one of my US DVA providers verified what I looked up and read, "True" combat survivor's notice things, espically in their "peripheral" vision! I had always "admired" how, mostly NCO's who had served in Vietnam, when I was a LT could simply see things the rest of could not in the forest's etc.... My father could even do this and saved me. as a small child, from a very large "rattlesanke" sitting right beside me one day in woods with my "grand father" up around Wetumpka Alabama......

These are some of the memories the song above "Copperhead Road" (got from YouTube) "brings" back.... and my Grandfather among many things "kept" German Prisoner's during WWII to work his "saw-mill"; and my Grandfather told me about destroying still's etc... on his property during "Prohibition..." Supposedly, wanted my father run for Sheriff Elmore County, AL!!!! But he decide to drive an 18-wheeler....

Interestingly- the 5-Rivers at head of Mobile Bay lead all the way to Montgomery AL, Wetumpka and beyond and were utilized by Union Forces during US "Civil War..." guess good "clandestine" routes as told a guy in another local Restaurant one day...... at break fast!!!!! He even said he had found Civil War stuff in "wash-out's up around old Confederate Trenches in Spanish fort, AL!!!! Other locals have told me the same about other areas and supposedly a German U-Boat made it into Mobile Bay- obviously past mines, chains and nets, during WWIII.... all this on internet if anyone is interested..... (even sunk U-Boats off mouth Missippiii River near entrance port of New Orleans, LA)

Also, oddly a whole lot of fishing charters head out of Orange Beach/Gulf Shores to Mexico to deep sea fish as from these locations not too far..considering.....

Was a staff member at SHARE who was interested in History of Alabama and I recommended so books to him, on the History of Alabama.....

Finally, a lot of Yachts from Canada, Ohio, etc... in this area sometimes- guess doing "Great Loop" look it up on internet if interested.....

So it seems like SHARE as well as a few at US DVA actually know what they are doing....

Oh I forgot as well to say something about the SHARE- "Peer Support" specialist, they were only one's to check on me after my "chemical" overdose at SHARE the same evening, and listened to my "tirade" about Apartment's folks not doing job's paid to do etc......

This is unlike the "Peer Support" specialist at the Mobile VA Outpatient clinic, whom understand has had numerous complaints against and I myself turned into the VA OIG, for all the good that did.....???????? I even got the VA's manual on "Peer Support" from Amazon and read it.....as well as cited it....to no avail.....and one of my providers is actually their boss....??????

Which brings me to a "point" one does not have to be a "Rocket Scientist" to know things are wrong.... one simply has to take the "initative" and look things up either in books, or on the internet.... which is phenomenal "education" resource, one just has to be careful to double and sometimes triple check information.....

Take for instance the book "Radiation Nation" - https://www.amazon.com/Radiation-Na...414474&sr=8-2&keywords=radiation+nation+book- as I told City of Fair hope Public Works today, I am not an "electrical Engineer" nor "Physicist" but I can read, have background- general education to read "highly" technical things" and try them out..... such as Electromagnetic Radiation Survival Guide: Step by Step Solutions -Protect Yourself & Family NOW! Paperback – May 1, 2014 by DR. Jonathon Halpern whom my allergist also know.... and in this book state that anything over 0.5 milliGauss is unsafe "electro-magnetic" radiation....

So I bout an in-expensive Meterk EMF Meter Electromagnetic Field Radiation Detector Handheld Mini Digital LCD EMF Detector Dosimeter Tester Counter at Amazon and started "testing" around my home (computer, micro-wave, light switches, even books believe it or not), neighborhood, and even some stores, as well as my Allegist's Office and in his presencde and was shocked "at what I found!" (See attached thread above Mayor Ciy of Fairhope Redacted Email)....

If I can do this, then simply anyone else out ther can as well, the problem is will anyone listen or simply try to "dazzle" one with their "education" etc......
So kudos to SHARE Peer Support- specialist.....

PS: Most regulation's, laws. etc... are in fact out there in the "ether" for anyone "willing" to find along with all sorts of things, from dealing with VA to local issues......