Possible outcome of MEB?

SgtRockyBoulder

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello All,

I am RegAF with 21 years of active duty service. However, I still have a few years left on my enlistment due to an ADSC. My psychiatrist will be referring me to the AMRO for a medical board soon (mental health issues). I am at a point where I can't do my job anymore and have issues with isolating myself from everyone (including my wife and kids). I have been dealing with my mental health issues for over a decade now.

Any idea on what my medical board outcome would possibly be? (Example: DoD, VA percentage, TDRL or PDRL, etc.)

My issues that I plan on submitting for a VA disability claim are as follows (all service connected):

- Major Depressive Disorder, recurrent severe with chronic insomnia and anxiety (suicidal ideations on a regular basis and one recent suicide attempt requiring inpatient hospitalization). Also, had partial hospitalization treatment recently as well.

- Erectile dysfunction (while being on antidepressants).

- Dislocation fingers closed right thumb MCP (torn ligament). Arthritis and gripping issues with right hand.

- Pseudofolliculitis barbae since basic training (face). Shaving waiver required throughout my career.

- Keloid bumps on back of neck and head that developed after haircut in basic training.

- Tendonitis flexor hallucis longus (right foot injury).

- Eczematoid dermatitis/Lichen simplex chronicus.

- Borderline glaucoma open angle with cupping of optic discs both eyes.

- Acute recurrent maxillary sinusitis.

- Headache syndromes.

- Lower left lip and chin paresthesia (numbness and permanent nerve damage) after wisdom teeth extraction (6 teeth).

- Mild osteoarthritis of the right temporomandibular joint. Issues with bruxism (teeth grinding) and clenching teeth.

- Prostatitis chronic bacterial.

- Flat foot acquired (pes planus).

- Periodontitis (neglected hygiene during a deployment due to major depression/insomnia). Deep cleaning required every 4 months for teeth.

- Hypertension (as high as 144/97).

- Lower back injury pain that flares up on occasion.

A percentage take a lot more information than you have shared. But given you are over 20, PDRL is likely.

Every condition has criteria. It may be lots more information than you want to share. For example, MH can be 0, 30, 50, 70, or 100% depending on "social and occupational functioning."

Every condition has criteria. It may be lots more information than you want to share. For example, MH can be 0, 30, 50, 70, or 100% depending on "social and occupational functioning."
That makes sense. I have suicidal ideations on a daily basis. Totally isolating myself from everyone including issues with my memory (familiar names/places) and concentration. I am unable to do my job and I no longer have any friends or any social life. And that's just my mental health. I appreciate your reply.

You will likely be 70-100% on MH alone.

Thank you, SgtRockyBoulder, for sharing. I have a very similar issue to yours. I was placed on LIMDU (second period) for Major Depressive Disorder and psychological trauma, on 29 March 2021. Mine existed prior to service and is assessed (by a Navy Mental Health provider) to have been aggravated by combat duty.

Question for any staff member or forum veteran: what can I expect to be the outcome? It doesn't help that I have anxiety issues. I am afraid that because I have 'EPTS' attached to my case, that I will be left with nothing after having gone through this process.

Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated. I can share more details about my case if it helps you assess the outcome. I was about to paste the exact verbiage from my LIMDU paperwork but I wasn't sure if that was either allowed or encouraged, because of HIPAA.