Post 911 GI bill and yellow ribbon

Allty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hey guys

Had situation with the school my wife is attending with my transferred benefits. The school participates in the yellow ribbon program and has agreed to 15 students to get up to $13,0000 to be matched by the VA. Well when my wife asked about the program at the beginning of the school year (09-10) she was told the program was full and that she would be the 2nd on the waiting list. I found it strange that there were 16 other 100 percent eligible gi bill recipients applying to this private Graduate school in Denver. So i re checked and was told the "all of the spots are full at the moment". I didn’t believe them but eventually let it go. now almost a year later we are finding out that there are only 3 yellow ribbon participants at the school. Now this really outrages me because they are trying to give the outward appearance of military friendly when they are blatantly lying to them. We fought and sacrifice more than most will know for these benefits that were promised.

Now what i would like to know is do i have any recourse or ways to pressure them into not only honoring the contract they signed with the govt for my wife but any eligible vet that wants to use the program. I believe the money should be retroactive also. any thoughts?

ceilingfan

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Allty,

Do you have anything in writing from them stating that the program was/is full? If you don't, I would request something in writing (potential evidence :)) which states the current status of the program. If you don't mind me asking... Which school is it?

Allty

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
ceilingfan,

yeah we have more than that. we have a email saying that they were full. Then we got one of her professors involved and he got them to state in an email that they only have 3 enrollees this year. Then we have what looks to be a cover up when they wrote another email saying they would be having unlimited amount of 1000 dollars they would now give out... as if we were lucky to get that yay. BTW the college is University of Denver Sturm College of Law

ceilingfan

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Allty,

I would hire an attorney! You have enough evidence to make them dance... in my opinion. :) Nevertheless, I would discuss all your options with a professional. I would think you have several options for recourse!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">