POST IFPEB questions

ablemedic49

Registered Member
Hello all,

I am an active duty Army SGT with 11 years TIS. Today I met with my PEBLO to go over my proposed ratings. They are as follows:

DOD: 50% and PDRL (has v1, and v3 combat codes, not sure what this means)

VA: 70%

Combined: 90%

PEBLO didn't do an extravagant job of explaining everything though, what should I be looking into, or what might I be entitled to based on my ratings and PDRL status? Do I forfeit severance pay? Also, I lost my promotable status just a week or so before I was officially put into the MEB system due to being on temp profile and APFT expiring... Is there still a way to retire at the higher grade of SSG? I've read some things that indicate yes, but can't find specific regulations. I was promotable, and had points but didn't promote due to ALC requirement. But when I got on temporary profile, I lost my ALC slot, and then subsequently my promotable status. But I've served in 30 level jobs and been rated at 30 level, so is there any way to have PDA consider this when cutting my transition orders?

(Also, I just realized I posted this in FPEB, but don't know how to move it sorry :( )
William

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Hello all,

I am an active duty Army SGT with 11 years TIS. Today I met with my PEBLO to go over my proposed ratings. They are as follows:

PEBLO didn't do an extravagant job of explaining everything though, what should I be looking into, or what might I be entitled to based on my ratings and PDRL status? Do I forfeit severance pay? Also, I lost my promotable status just a week or so before I was officially put into the MEB system due to being on temp profile and APFT expiring... Is there still a way to retire at the higher grade of SSG? I've read some things that indicate yes, but can't find specific regulations. I was promotable, and had points but didn't promote due to ALC requirement. But when I got on temporary profile, I lost my ALC slot, and then subsequently my promotable status. But I've served in 30 level jobs and been rated at 30 level, so is there any way to have PDA consider this when cutting my transition orders?

(Also, I just realized I posted this in FPEB, but don't know how to move it sorry :( )
William
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

No worries about the posting location, and congratulations on the receipt of your IPEB findings with a DoD military PDRL recommendation.

In reference to the v1 & v3 codes as outlined by @chaplaincharlie's above post, it seems the PEB has determined a combat/combat-related finding with at least one of your PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical condition(s). As such, your DoD (Army) military disability retired pay shall be exempt from federal income taxation upon being calculated by the DFAS Military Pay Retired Office.

With 11 years active duty TIS, you don't qualify for DFAS CRDP (e.g., concurrent receipt of both DoD disability retired pay & DoVA disability compensation) albeit you may qualify for DFAS CRSC due to the combat-related disabilities. You will need to submit a CRSC application to the USAHRC upon obtaining military veteran status. See this URL https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/CRSC (Combat-Related Special Compensation) for detailed additional information. With an assumption that your DoVA combined proposed rating is 90%, you should be entitled to VA compensation benefits starting at 90% on the VA Rate Tables effective 12/1/2017. See this URL https://www.benefits.va.gov/COMPENSATION/resources_comp01.asp for detailed additional information.

In reference to your promotable status question, hopefully @Jason Perry, @gsfowler, and/or other PEB forum members with targeted knowledge/experiences can provide sound insightful feedback soon.

With a DoD military PDRL recommendation by the IPEB, you are not entitled to military disability severance pay since your DoD (Army) proposed rating was at least 30% or higher which qualifies for a military medical/disability retirement. This means that all of your PEB-referred "unfit for duty" medical conditions were found to be "permanent and stable" for DoD (Army) rating purposes, and no further DoD (Army) medical evaluations are required upon placement onto the PDRL. Take care, and enjoy!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Hello all,

William
You should talk to your S1 and see if you can be placed on the promotion list. If you are on the list and eligible, you will be promoted on your last day of service. The promotion would be ceremonial in nature, as there would be no financial benefit.

ablemedic49

Registered Member
S1 says I need my CO to write them a memo. I have proof that I fell off of the standings list while on profile and in the MEB, so it shouldn't be an issue... But if the commander doesn't wanna help me out, I'm not sure what I can do.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">