Pre-MEB Question(s)

anonymouse

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all,

Backstory:
Over the past several years, I have been struggling with what is now diagnosed as PTSD. I am still active duty, and am expecting to deploy shortly. However, I have had a reemergence of symptoms and will likely need to change meds. While I was supposed to deploy on a PTSD waiver, I believe that I will not be allowed to deploy, thereby triggering an MEB. If I were to deploy, I expect that it would be lethal as I had a suicide plan on my previous deployment.
Another issue, which compounds the aforementioned, is that I have been threatened by a number of “doctors” at my current military medical facility. They basically told me I was wasting their time seeking help for chronic pain and if I didn’t cut it out, I they would seek to administratively discharge me. Of course, this is slightly beyond the scope of their abilities, but I believe that they could orchestrate such an event.

Present:
The good news for me is that I am able to drive several hours to seek mental help from another military base. My doctors there are excellent and I believe that they have my best interest in mind. However, the medical clinic that I am assigned to likes to infuse as much chaos as possible into my healthcare.

So, while I can educate myself on the regs for disability, can anyone make any suggestions for how I can best posture myself to receive the help that I desperately need? I have tried to involve my chain of command, but they are rather unhelpful.