Pre-MEDCON/MEDCON orders/ Interim LOD military sexual assault

ritch392

Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I am a member of the ANG in IDT status. I have been seeking treatment for increased symptoms of what now has been diagnosed as PTSD related to military sexual trauma sustained while on Active duty from 2010-2014. I filed 2 unrestricted reports of sexual assault to the SARC coordinator on base during our January UTA of this year. Yesterday I was asked by the psychological health director on base if I would be interesed in MEDCON orders. Before this I was never informed of anything like this was an option to me. I have been seeking medical care for my PTSD symptoms since May of last year at the VA, and have had to miss 2 1/2 months of work in my civilian employer to help manage my symptoms while in a partial hospitalization program. This is causing me a lot of stress financially as I have not been getting paid for the past 2 weeks, have used all my sick, vacation, and holiday time at my civilian employer and have had a high reduction in pay not working.

I was told yesterday during our UTA by medical that I am not eligible for MEDCON orders, and that if I was to be eligible for MEDCON orders that I still need my LOD determination first. My LOD is getting routed to NGB after it I signed, hopefully by this drill assembly. I know this process could take several months and seem to have hit another roadblock in being able to get treatment needed.

My question is who can I go to for assistance in trying to be placed on pre-MEDCON orders/MEDCON orders? Is it possible to be put on Pre-MEDCON or MEDCON orders if I can get an interim LOD from my CC for further medical treatment? I also went to JAG yesterday and was told to read the AFI/DODI regulations myself to bring them to my CC for assistance, as well as FSS that they may be able to assist due to it being a regulation issue. So far the only paperwork that has been completed is being put on an AF 469 for a suicide attempt due to flashbacks of my MST that were triggered during therapy, as well as an extension for one year since my ETS is the end of this month, and would allow time for my MEB board process to start after my formal LOD is routed.

I also not feel capable to return to work due to it being a further stressor as a first responder on my diagnosed PTSD symptoms and not being in the right mindset to return to work.
Is INCAP a possibility as well, and could those orders be backdated to my diagnosis by a civilian provider in December? I noticed in the AFI 36-2910 that I was supposed to be informed of being eligible to return to active duty orders for treatment when I filed my unrestricted reports, yet was never told about the option to do so. I wonder if this is a common reoccurrence and is something that really needs to get fixed so we can get the care we need.

I have highlighted certain parts of the AFI 36-2910 and will be bringing the new information to my First Sgt today during UTA. Has anyone had any success being placed on Pre-MEDCON orders or receiving an Interim LOD due to sexual assault while in service? Is there anything else I should do or someone I could speak with to assist me with this process?

I really appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thanks so much.

Padgettra

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hello everyone,

I am a member of the ANG in IDT status. I have been seeking treatment for increased symptoms of what now has been diagnosed as PTSD related to military sexual trauma sustained while on Active duty from 2010-2014. I filed 2 unrestricted reports of sexual assault to the SARC coordinator on base during our January UTA of this year. Yesterday I was asked by the psychological health director on base if I would be interesed in MEDCON orders. Before this I was never informed of anything like this was an option to me. I have been seeking medical care for my PTSD symptoms since May of last year at the VA, and have had to miss 2 1/2 months of work in my civilian employer to help manage my symptoms while in a partial hospitalization program. This is causing me a lot of stress financially as I have not been getting paid for the past 2 weeks, have used all my sick, vacation, and holiday time at my civilian employer and have had a high reduction in pay not working.

I was told yesterday during our UTA by medical that I am not eligible for MEDCON orders, and that if I was to be eligible for MEDCON orders that I still need my LOD determination first. My LOD is getting routed to NGB after it I signed, hopefully by this drill assembly. I know this process could take several months and seem to have hit another roadblock in being able to get treatment needed.

My question is who can I go to for assistance in trying to be placed on pre-MEDCON orders/MEDCON orders? Is it possible to be put on Pre-MEDCON or MEDCON orders if I can get an interim LOD from my CC for further medical treatment? I also went to JAG yesterday and was told to read the AFI/DODI regulations myself to bring them to my CC for assistance, as well as FSS that they may be able to assist due to it being a regulation issue. So far the only paperwork that has been completed is being put on an AF 469 for a suicide attempt due to flashbacks of my MST that were triggered during therapy, as well as an extension for one year since my ETS is the end of this month, and would allow time for my MEB board process to start after my formal LOD is routed.

I also not feel capable to return to work due to it being a further stressor as a first responder on my diagnosed PTSD symptoms and not being in the right mindset to return to work.
Is INCAP a possibility as well, and could those orders be backdated to my diagnosis by a civilian provider in December? I noticed in the AFI 36-2910 that I was supposed to be informed of being eligible to return to active duty orders for treatment when I filed my unrestricted reports, yet was never told about the option to do so. I wonder if this is a common reoccurrence and is something that really needs to get fixed so we can get the care we need.

I have highlighted certain parts of the AFI 36-2910 and will be bringing the new information to my First Sgt today during UTA. Has anyone had any success being placed on Pre-MEDCON orders or receiving an Interim LOD due to sexual assault while in service? Is there anything else I should do or someone I could speak with to assist me with this process?

I really appreciate any feedback on this matter. Thanks so much.
ritch392, I am so sorry to hear of your situation. Your SAPR (ANG) should get you the information, for each Wing has the position. Sometimes ANG are disconnected from the State programs. There should be a SARC position at your State HQ and they sit on a Sexual Assault prevention Working Group (or something similar in your State). This group has the Director of the Joint Staff on it and they review all cases in that State. See if you can get information from them. Best regards and thank you for your service. Ron P

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">