Preparation for decision

vannattertl86

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Does anyone exactly know what this step in the ebenefits entails? When could I expect to see anything more? I know not to trust ebenefits but this is a new update as of a week ago.

I have been in he prep for decision phase for about 3 weeks now. I will tell you as I have been told multiple times that you should just ignore ebenefits because it will drive you insane worrying over it.

I had my claim switched to Preparation for Decision a month ago. (My unfit memo was signed in January.) My PEBLO told me that my claim had been looked over for completion at the Waco VA (my regional office) and transferred to the Seattle VA office at that time my status switched on eBenefits. I have heard nothing else since.

I'm on the same boat, in Prep. for Decision since July 19th. Going crazy but not loosing hope.

I'm on the same boat, in Prep. for Decision since July 19th. Going crazy but not loosing hope.

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Good deal! Unfortunately, DoD IDES case file status updates are unpredictable on eBenefits; albeit, it's only a matter of time at this point in my opinion!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

My eBenefits status changed to Pending Decision Approval on Friday! I also got a call on Friday from my PEBLO saying that my ratings were in the system. I went yesterday (Monday) and saw the ratings. Now I am just waiting for my DA 199!

My eBenefits status changed to Pending Decision Approval on Friday! I also got a call on Friday from my PEBLO saying that my ratings were in the system. I went yesterday (Monday) and saw the ratings. Now I am just waiting for my DA 199!

Congratulations on the recent receipt of your DoD and DoVA proposed ratings! :)

Are you satisfied with the DoD and DoVA proposed ratings? If so, do you expect a PDRL or TDRL finding and which one do you prefer?

Moreover, what type of a timeline did your PEBLO give you for the receipt of the DA Form 199; just curious?

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

Congratulations on the recent receipt of your DoD and DoVA proposed ratings! :)

Are you satisfied with the DoD and DoVA proposed ratings? If so, do you expect a PDRL or TDRL finding and which one do you prefer?

Moreover, what type of a timeline did your PEBLO give you for the receipt of the DA Form 199; just curious?

Best Wishes!

I am not satisfied with my ratings, but I have not seen the specific ratings for my injuries, just the totals. I also do not know if my packet at the PEB has caught up with the new Army Adjustment Disorder procedures.

My PEBLO stated that my DA Form 199 should take about a week to be typed up and adjudicated by the PEB.

I am not satisfied with my ratings, but I have not seen the specific ratings for my injuries, just the totals. I also do not know if my packet at the PEB has caught up with the new Army Adjustment Disorder procedures.

My PEBLO stated that my DA Form 199 should take about a week to be typed up and adjudicated by the PEB.

Indeed, then upon receipt of your DA Form 199, please thoroughly review it with the assistance of SMEBC attorney for insightful advice and recommendations.

By the way, of course, we (e.g., PEB Forum members) are here to offer potential non-legal feedback, too! ;)

Best Wishes!

E Benefits; is supposed to be an information tool for Veterans, not really for anyone going through IDES. After your proposed ratings and your discharge then e benefits should be used to track your VA claim becoming final. I have been in “Preparation for Decision” since 23 April. (I am IDES still waiting on proposed %’s). They don’t always update the ebenifits for IDES because the milestones don’t mesh up. The steps we follow while still in our respective branches are not the milestones shown on the claim tracking screen.
I hope you all get your ratings soon anyway sometimes it’s just a relief to move on to the next challenge.

E Benefits; is supposed to be an information tool for Veterans, not really for anyone going through IDES. After your proposed ratings and your discharge then e benefits should be used to track your VA claim becoming final. I have been in “Preparation for Decision” since 23 April. (I am IDES still waiting on proposed %’s). They don’t always update the ebenifits for IDES because the milestones don’t mesh up. The steps we follow while still in our respective branches are not the milestones shown on the claim tracking screen.
I hope you all get your ratings soon anyway sometimes it’s just a relief to move on to the next challenge.

This statement is so true and this is exactly the feedback I provided through the ebenefits website. You should too provide this feedback to the VA through their website and if enough of us do so then maybe they will act and have an IDES specific timeline but they will never do so if no one speaks up.

This statement is so true and this is exactly the feedback I provided through the ebenefits website. You should too provide this feedback to the VA through their website and if enough of us do so then maybe they will act and have an IDES specific timeline but they will never do so if no one speaks up.

Not really because even if you contact the 1800# number they will tell you that you PEBLO or MSC is your point of contact for status

Not really because even if you contact the 1800# number they will tell you that you PEBLO or MSC is your point of contact for status

Indeed, this is a validated statement as I recently experienced similar results upon receiving feedback from both an IRIS inquiry and the 1-800#.

Best Wishes!

I posted this statement in another thread about my call to the VA's toll free number that resulted in a representative telling me to talk to my PEBLO or my MSC about case status. All I wanted to know was whether the VA had received notification from the AF to rate my case and they wouldn't even tell me that much.

I posted this statement in another thread about my call to the VA's toll free number that resulted in a representative telling me to talk to my PEBLO or my MSC about case status. All I wanted to know was whether the VA had received notification from the AF to rate my case and they wouldn't even tell me that much.

Indeed, in my opinion, it's dependant upon the "level of interest" and the "level of IDES knowledge" of DoVA customer representative.

In retrospect, I received similar feedback from a seemingly disinterested DoVA customer representative. So, I called again about one hour later and seemingly talked to an interested DoVA customer representative who gave me answers to the basic questions I was inquiring about.

That all said, it seems to be a "dice toss" for feedback at times when using the DoVA's 1-800#. I would offer to continue to be positively proactive in your pursuit for creditable DoD IDES case file information.

Best Wishes!

You shoudlve been able to get that info from both you MSC and Peblo, if not then he or she is failing you

You shoudlve been able to get that info from both you MSC and Peblo, if not then he or she is failing you

The Air Force PEBLO's are very unwilling to give you any information once your MEB is finished until they gotten back your proposed ratings from the IPEB. I don't think they are failing me but more so that they are doing what they are told. I don't agree with it and it is far from what the IDES trifold brochure says when it says, "A seamless and transparent Disability Evaluation System, administered jointly by the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs." I sent an email to my PEBLO two weeks ago and quoted this and then went to say that I had experienced nothing seemless or transparent in my journey thus far. When asking my PEBLO questions about my status over the phone he would tell me, that he had tried to call the IPEB and no one answered and they also would not return his calls or emails when inquiring about cases. I contacted my Recovery Care Coordinator last Friday and he placed a call to the IPEB and left a message and someone returned his call on Monday and answered the questions that he asked on my behalf. Since it was so easy for my RCC to make contact I wonder if the last month has been filled with my PEBLO lying to me. The email I sent him a few weeks ago that I mentioned previously has yet to get a response...

The Air Force PEBLO's are very unwilling to give you any information once your MEB is finished until they gotten back your proposed ratings from the IPEB. I don't think they are failing me but more so that they are doing what they are told. I don't agree with it and it is far from what the IDES trifold brochure says when it says, "A seamless and transparent Disability Evaluation System, administered jointly by the Departments of Defense and Veterans Affairs." I sent an email to my PEBLO two weeks ago and quoted this and then went to say that I had experienced nothing seemless or transparent in my journey thus far. When asking my PEBLO questions about my status over the phone he would tell me, that he had tried to call the IPEB and no one answered and they also would not return his calls or emails when inquiring about cases. I contacted my Recovery Care Coordinator last Friday and he placed a call to the IPEB and left a message and someone returned his call on Monday and answered the questions that he asked on my behalf. Since it was so easy for my RCC to make contact I wonder if the last month has been filled with my PEBLO lying to me. The email I sent him a few weeks ago that I mentioned previously has yet to get a response...

Hmm, interesting in terms of the method employed to obtain feedback, but at least you finally received the information previously requested! :cool:

To that extent, good deal for you but maybe now not so good of a deal for your PEBLO in reference to the accurate distribution of information; ICE him up if warranted! ;)

Best Wishes!

Hmm, interesting in terms of the method employed to obtain feedback, but at least you finally received the information previously requested! :cool:

To that extent, good deal for you but maybe now not so good of a deal for your PEBLO in reference to the accurate distribution of information; ICE him up if warranted! ;)

Best Wishes!

I know this will sound like a dumb question but due to my being relatively new to the forum I have to ask. What is ICE? I have seen it a few times on the forums but have no idea what it is referring to.

Best Wishes!

I know this will sound like a dumb question but due to my being relatively new to the forum I have to ask. What is ICE? I have seen it a few times on the forums but have no idea what it is referring to.

No worries, it's all good! By the way, there aren't any dumb questions for the PEB Forum; that's why we are here! ;)

In retrospect, Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE) is a web-based tool that collects feedback on services provided by various organizations throughout DoD. It is designed to improve customer service by allowing managers to monitor satisfaction levels through reports and customer comments.

To that extent, ICE provides the following benefits:
  • Allows DoD customers to quickly and easily provide feedback to service provider managers
  • Customers can make submissions anonymously or can include contact information
  • Gives leadership timely data on service quality
  • Allows managers to benchmark the performance of their service providers against other DoD
    and organizations
  • Encourages communication across organizations by comparing best practices to increase
    performance results
  • Saves money
Moreover, please visit this URL https://ice.disa.mil/ to view the primary DoD ICE main website and to obtain additional detailed information.

Best Wishes!