Pretty New to the MEB and the PEB stuff. Just a question or 2 I have.

Mark86

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
So Im done with my C&p about 3 weeks ago. I went in to see legal and waiting to sign and accept what the doctors said what was going on with me. At this point I’m pretty much done with the MEB part of it. So the next step is for it to go to the PEB but I got a weird call yesterday about coming in to sign my 199 not sure if that’s was a mistake. Well my question is once I concur with what was said what’s the next step. How long do I wait. I only claim about two or three things to the VA and the One for the Army. My Pablo said it’s not much for them to look at and it should take less then 30 days but legal told me 8 weeks so I’m getting to different people telling to different things. So I’m kinda lost hoping for guard me in the right direction. Thanks an advance!

You will get different time lines depending on who you ask. They are all estimates based on what they have seen lately. Some cases are more complex that others. Your PEBLO knows the complexity of your case and thus is probably giving you the best estimate. But we are also in the Christmas/New Year break.

It sounds like you are ready to move on. The decision to sign or appeal is very important. I suggest you take your time and consult legal before signing. Getting an injustice straighten out later may not be possible and will definitely be a long process. What you sign will affect every day for the rest of your life - it is an important decision.

You will get different time lines depending on who you ask. They are all estimates based on what they have seen lately. Some cases are more complex that others. Your PEBLO knows the complexity of your case and thus is probably giving you the best estimate. But we are also in the Christmas/New Year break.

It sounds like you are ready to move on. The decision to sign or appeal is very important. I suggest you take your time and consult legal before signing. Getting an injustice straighten out later may not be possible and will definitely be a long process. What you sign will affect every day for the rest of your life - it is an important decision.
Oh ok thanks

Your welcome. Happy new year.

I would imagine in the next 2 weeks!