script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Proposed Rating

Neitchy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Submitted to MEB APR 7
Finished C&P exams Jun 1
On the VA website says my case was closed so I emailed my Pueblo. She said I got 80% for my claimed conditions, but that they haven’t rated my referred condition. At 56 days with the Med Officer. Just found out I’ll be put on insulin on Sep 30 which will increase my percentage but I have no idea how to “resubmit” for the change. My Pueblo said to call my MSC who hasn’t answered at all. SOS I have no idea what to do.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
If you are found unfit for any condition (but, in your case, it seems that is diabetes) if you want to challenge the rating assigned by either the IPEB or the FPEB,(applying the rating assigned by the VA DRAS) you will need to file a VARR (VA rating reconsideration request).

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Submitted to MEB APR 7
Finished C&P exams Jun 1
On the VA website says my case was closed so I emailed my Pueblo. She said I got 80% for my claimed conditions, but that they haven’t rated my referred condition. At 56 days with the Med Officer. Just found out I’ll be put on insulin on Sep 30 which will increase my percentage but I have no idea how to “resubmit” for the change. My Pueblo said to call my MSC who hasn’t answered at all. SOS I have no idea what to do.
Just continue to call your msc, they work with the VA and it would most likely just have to redo the exam. It shouldnt be a big deal because if you are still in the meb phase its all done around you. Where as at the PEB it would be a bit complicated, since its in the DoDs hands.

Reactions: POG

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It sounds like the PEBLO may not have explained the ratings very well. 80% is probably your overall proposed VA disability rating, including whatever disability the referred condition is. However, you’re still waiting for the PEB to review your case and make its decision. My understanding is that the PEB will use the proposed VA disability rating for the referred condition as your DoD rating.

So for example, my proposed VA rating is 70%, but my referred condition within that total is rated 30%. So I’m anticipating the PEB assigning me a DoD rating of 30% when it makes its decision.

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It sounds like the PEBLO may not have explained the ratings very well. 80% is probably your overall proposed VA disability rating, including whatever disability the referred condition is. However, you’re still waiting for the PEB to review your case and make its decision. My understanding is that the PEB will use the proposed VA disability rating for the referred condition as your DoD rating.

So for example, my proposed VA rating is 70%, but my referred condition within that total is rated 30%. So I’m anticipating the PEB assigning me a DoD rating of 30% when it makes its decision.
Sounds correct. Was it an example or do you have the referred conditions rating?

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Sounds correct. Was it an example or do you have the referred conditions rating?
I was able to get the VA to send me my proposed ratings. They’ve got it at 30% for shoulder, 30% for asthma, 30% for mental health, and 10% for lower back which comes out to an overall rating of 70%. My shoulder is my referred condition, so that’s why my DoD rating should be 30%

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I was able to get the VA to send me my proposed ratings. They’ve got it at 30% for shoulder, 30% for asthma, 30% for mental health, and 10% for lower back which comes out to an overall rating of 70%. My shoulder is my referred condition, so that’s why my DoD rating should be 30%
I just got the full percentage, interesting

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just got the full percentage, interesting
The VA sent me a Notification Letter, which just provides the overall disability rating, and then a Narrative Letter, which breaks down all of the individual ratings. The narrative explains why I received each rating, as well as the symptoms that would justify receiving the next higher rating for that condition. Sounds like your PEBLO just gave you the notification letter.

Bbenny15

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA sent me a Notification Letter, which just provides the overall disability rating, and then a Narrative Letter, which breaks down all of the individual ratings. The narrative explains why I received each rating, as well as the symptoms that would justify receiving the next higher rating for that condition. Sounds like your PEBLO just gave you the notification letter.
What branch are you? I never got anything mailed so I called the va and thats all they gave me. My peblo didnt even tell me anything about my rating.

Forum_member

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I only received the overall rating. Did you call them to ask about the Narrative letter? My PEBLO won't give me anything until "final results are on her desk."

Jalalabadbad

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I only received the overall rating. Did you call them to ask about the Narrative letter? My PEBLO won't give me anything until "final results are on her desk."
Nope, I just called the VA and told them the website said a decision letter was mailed but I never received it, and asked about my rating. He pulled it up, saw that it was a proposed rating, and told me he couldn’t discuss it but offered to email me the letter. His email included two attachments—the notification and the narrative.