Proposed ratings

vincci25

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I just talked with my MSC and he was able to tell me the VA proposed ratings for me is 90% overall but I need to add tinnitus into my claim and also my one of my referred conditions which is foot arthritis got me a 0% (and this was the main reason I got MEB in the first place)20% for diabetes but also he said they gave me diabetic neuropathy 10% left foot, 10% right foot, 20% left arm 20% right arm now that diabetic neuropathy was not part of my referred condition but is connected with my diabetes would they count this in with my diabetes in order to be above 30% and have me medically retired my msc is also telling me to go to the formal board for the foot arthritis would it be beneficial to take this to a formal board and wait additional months until this is resolved.

vincci25

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
A FPEB may well be worth the extra time. Best wishes.
Thank you but would you know if the diabetic neuropathy which is secondary to my diabetes can increase my ratings of 20% or help me achieved the 30% retirement treshold. ?

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
One could argue that secondary conditions to an unfitting condition ought to be unfitting also. I hope you get great legal representation because a lot hangs on getting to 30%.

Livonce

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
One could argue that secondary conditions to an unfitting condition ought to be unfitting also. I hope you get great legal representation because a lot hangs on getting to 30%.
I have a cerebral venous straight sinus thrombosis in my brain which is basically a blood clot in my brain my neurologist wants to recommend me for a meb at my 3 month treatment mark does anyone know how that would work my condition is under code 8008

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
The VA will rate your condition at 100% for 6 months. At the end of 6 months you will be rated according to the "residuals." Predicting residuals is very difficult, which is why the VA waits. Waiting is not our favorite thing to do.

Sometimes there is good insight into some of the residuals. I suggest you. Write a list of your current problems and ask your neurologist if he/she expects those conditions to get better, worse or remain static. If he/she indicates they will change then ask better/worse and how much. While this will not give you a final VA rating number (doctors are often wrong) it will likely help you plan for your future.

I hope this is helpful. I'm sorry to hear about your condition.

Mike

Livonce

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
The VA will rate your condition at 100% for 6 months. At the end of 6 months you will be rated according to the "residuals." Predicting residuals is very difficult, which is why the VA waits. Waiting is not our favorite thing to do.

Sometimes there is good insight into some of the residuals. I suggest you. Write a list of your current problems and ask your neurologist if he/she expects those conditions to get better, worse or remain static. If he/she indicates they will change then ask better/worse and how much. While this will not give you a final VA rating number (doctors are often wrong) it will likely help you plan for your future.

I hope this is helpful. I'm sorry to hear about your condition.

Mike
Regardless of if my blood clot leaves I'll still get 100% for the first 6 months is that what you're saying ? I've written down all my side effects and my neurologist feels that the headaches and forgetting things will be permanent because my brain vessels are damaged .. they are sending me to a wtu unit until then ..I will be on light duty at work

chaplaincharlie

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
Yes, the VA rating is 100% for 6 months. Then they re-rate you based on your symptoms such as headaches, memory loss....

One would hope the clot could be dealt with but the damage might done might not get better. Best outcome for a good outcome.

vincci25

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
is there anyone that could share his/her knowledge if the diabetic neuropathy would be used to determine by DOD percentage even though it's not part of the unfitting conditions forwarded to the PEB? as I said here on this thread I have 2 unfitting conditions which is the foot arthritis which they gave me 0% and the diabetes which is 20% but I do have the diabetic neuropathy left foot is 10% right foot is 10% / left hand is 20% and right hand is 20% would the diabetic neuropathy pushed the 20% for diabetes to get 30% or over to get the medical retirement or be included in the unfitting conditions? again thank you very much for the help.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">