script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js">

Provisions on Combat Related Special Compensation

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
SEC. 641. EXPANSION OF COMBAT-RELATED SPECIAL COMPENSATION ELIGIBILITY.
  • (a) Expanded Eligibility for Chapter 61 Military Retirees- Subsection (c) of section 1413a of title 10, United States Code, is amended by striking `entitled to retired pay who--' and all that follows and inserting `who--
    • `(1) is entitled to retired pay (other than by reason of section 12731b of this title); and
    • `(2) has a combat-related disability.'.
  • (b) Computation- Paragraph (3) of subsection (b) of such section is amended--
    • (1) by striking `In the case of' and inserting the following:
      • `(A) GENERAL RULE- In the case of'; and
    • (2) by adding at the end the following new subparagraph:
      • `(B) SPECIAL RULE FOR RETIREES WITH FEWER THAN 20 YEARS OF SERVICE- In the case of an eligible combat-related disabled uniformed services retiree who is retired under chapter 61 of this title with fewer than 20 years of creditable service, the amount of the payment under paragraph (1) for any month shall be reduced by the amount (if any) by which the amount of the member's retired pay under chapter 61 of this title exceeds the amount equal to 2 1/2 percent of the member's years of creditable service multiplied by the member's retired pay base under section 1406(b)(1) or 1407 of this title, whichever is applicable to the member.'.
  • (c) Effective Date- The amendments made by this section shall take effect on January 1, 2008, and shall apply to payments for months beginning on or after that date.
SEC. 642. INCLUSION OF VETERANS WITH SERVICE-CONNECTED DISABILITIES RATED AS TOTAL BY REASON OF UNEMPLOYABILITY UNDER TERMINATION OF PHASE-IN OF CONCURRENT RECEIPT OF RETIRED PAY AND VETERANS' DISABILITY COMPENSATION.
  • (a) Inclusion of Veterans- Section 1414(a)(1) of title 10, United States Code, is amended by striking `except that' and all that follows and inserting `except that payment of retired pay is subject to subsection (c) only during the period beginning on January 1, 2004, and ending on December 31, 2004, in the case of the following:
      • `(A) A qualified retiree receiving veterans' disability compensation for a disability rated as 100 percent.
      • `(B) A qualified retiree receiving veterans' disability compensation at the rate payable for a 100 percent disability by reason of a determination of individual unemployability.'.
  • (b) Effective Date-
    • (1) IN GENERAL- Subject to paragraph (2), the amendment made by subsection (a) shall take effect as of December 31, 2004.
    • (2) TIMING OF PAYMENT OF RETROACTIVE BENEFITS- Any amount payable for a period before October 1, 2008, by reason of the amendment made by subsection (a) shall not be paid until after that date.

cacti6466

Registered Member
and they say veterans don't need lawyers. i have no idea what this says, but i'm sure when all of va's powerfull lawyers get thru with it, probably less than 1 % will end up approved.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
cacti6466,

Welcome to PEBFORUM!

We have to see how this shakes out but you are right, our government does not have a good track record in meeting the needs of our Servicemebers and Veterans. That is why it is important to get ourselves educated on what is rightly due under the law.

Did you see Brianwl's post on CRSC? It explains it in an easier way to understand.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Torey,

The link is already there! :) . Just roll your mouse over the words CRSC in the above posts (yours and mine). Hope that helps.

DragonFly757

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Torey,

The link is already there! :) . Just roll your mouse over the words CRSC in the above posts (yours and mine). Hope that helps.

Aha! I just saw regular black text and nothing highlighted to prompt me to click it. Thanks for letting me know...is this normal for links on this forum to appear like the rest of the text?

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
It changes to black if you have previously visited the link. If you have not, it should show up Red. I can adjust this, though, if anyone think there is a better color scheme.

DragonFly757

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I guess that does make it confusing. I don't remember clicking on it in the past or visiting this thread before. I can see the value of changing from red to black but find that if I am zig-zagging a subject I may need to know to look over the link again. Perhaps making it a different color once you've visited a link rather than obscuring it as normal text would help the confused people like myself. LOL Sorry! That's what I would recommend.

Regardless, I appreciate your help VERY much.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just tried some changes...the issue was that all the forum homepage links work off the same rules, so I was a little concerned about the asthetics on the front page....but if you look now, I have it set for normal links to be red, once visited, dark blue, and if you hover, it will be green....is this better?

DragonFly757

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Yes! This is SO much better in my opinion. I noted the change while in another forum and I felt like it was a great way to do it. If others find it more difficult, I would understand if it had to be changed back to the previous settings. I just find it so much easier to navigate...thanks again!