PTS message dictaing seperation prior to DES completion for members who reach EAOS

theoot

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
This is the message that many people have been discussing dictating seperation of individuals who reach their EAOS prior to the PEB accepting the package without PTS approval. I am just relaying the message itself, not the legality of the practice.View attachment PTS Approval.pdf

PTS message dictaing seperation prior to DES completion for members who reach EAO

>FIRST TIME REPLYING/ I HAVE 18 1/2 YEARS AND MY PAPERS
> ARE BEING SENT OUT IN AUG 2011/ AND GOING TO TRY TO GET
> A LETTER TO EXTEN MY EAOS .FROM THE DES AND GO TO PSD
> and try to get a extions on my i/d card. i think my won:t make
> it in time to w/s the board/

PTS message dictaing seperation prior to DES completion for members who reach EAO

First off, have you started the IDES process? When is you EAOS? Could you please give more background because I'm not understanding your situation.

>FIRST TIME REPLYING/ I HAVE 18 1/2 YEARS AND MY PAPERS
> ARE BEING SENT OUT IN AUG 2011/ AND GOING TO TRY TO GET
> A LETTER TO EXTEN MY EAOS .FROM THE DES AND GO TO PSD
> and try to get a extions on my i/d card. i think my won:t make
> it in time to w/s the board/

Are you going through an MEB currently? Where are you in the process? I take it you have been identified for separation due to PTS? We need more details to try to help.

My EAOS is Sept 16, My package was submitted in July to DC. after getting ahold of Jason, The JAG officer, the VA Rep and the MEB office it was "said to be confirmed" that as long as the Individual had an assigned VA case number that an Involuntary extension would be granted to finish up the process. I will be contacting my VA Rep and the MEB office as well as my command to get things going on this extension as I have 30 days until my eaos. I do believe at one point this message was declared erroneous and a followup letter clarifying it was supposed to come out to state that an extension required only the VA case number (at least that is what the JAG and VA said- these guys also told me that they would render help if necessary).