PTSD/Fibro IRLO

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all, my first post here, but I have been reading and responding to a few posts since the topic of a MEB was brought up by my provider. I was diagnosed with PTSD and Fibromyalgia in 2017 (tried to avoid going to Dr., but wife finally made me realize I needed help). I was recently referred to the DAWG and now in the IRLO stage. My NARSUM covered both conditions, but the DAWG only referred me for the PTSD. My PEBLO told me I was not "worked up enough." I was diagnosed by a Rheumatologist and have been seen at Pain management for over a year and a half. I have had an extensive work up from Neurology to include an EMG needle test and nerve conduction test. I was diagnosed with Benign fasciculation syndrome (BFS). I guess I don't understand how if the provider included the Fibro in the NARSUM that the DAWG did not include it as well. Anyone have any input?

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think it was a typo to not include it. Fibromyalgia is definitely an unfitting diagnosis. I would fight it for it to be added to the IRILO or send it back to the DAWG. May prolong the process but it’ll be beneficial to you in the long run. Good luck!!

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thank you Fibrogirl. The Nurse Practitioner for the IRILO board would not include it. I am currently attending a 8 week long class on Fibro put on by Clinical Psychology that she said is mandatory. I was told I needed to complete that prior to Fibro being included. My package is currently up at NGB awaiting their determination on the PTSD. PEBLO told me that in her experience, that I would be a full MEB; whereas, I am being told by my folks on the Air National Guard side not to worry about it.

heathro1281

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Thank you Fibrogirl. The Nurse Practitioner for the IRILO board would not include it. I am currently attending a 8 week long class on Fibro put on by Clinical Psychology that she said is mandatory. I was told I needed to complete that prior to Fibro being included. My package is currently up at NGB awaiting their determination on the PTSD. PEBLO told me that in her experience, that I would be a full MEB; whereas, I am being told by my folks on the Air National Guard side not to worry about it.
The reason to not necessarily worry about your PTSD is that while it does warrant a MEB, it is usually found Fitting by the IPEB ( I am rated at 50% and found fit for PTSD, unfit for other things). Unless your PTSD has symptoms unfit for duty (suicidal ideations, violent aggressive outbursts, requires constant care by others, etc) it will most like get rated then found fitting.

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Mandatory Fibromyalgia class?! What the hell is that?! That’s asinine!

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Where r u stationed? A lot of people don’t believe in fibromyalgia. Did a rheumatologist diagnose you?!

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am here at JBSA-Lackland. Rheumatology did diagnose me 2 years ago and have been under the care of Neurology and pain management. I never heard of the class till my PEBLO told me that the Nurse Practitioner in the MEB office told me I was required to go. That was what she said was why it was not referred to MEB. It has been frustrating

Fibrogirl

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Well, your rheumatologist needs to be informing his patients of said class from now on...but they, like everyone, except for this one specific MEB person, are probably unaware it exists. So Stupid!!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">