PTSD LOD through NGB

Old Top

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Greetings all! I have been referred to the MEB for various spine and joint issues, as well as apnea and PTSD. I have approved LOD's for all except PTSD. I received a VA rating of 50% for PTSD in 2010. At the time I told nobody about the diagnosis, nor did I ever draw compensation. I didn't want to lie on a PHA when it asked if I was receiving care for anything; I was dedicated to taking care of my Soldiers and making the most of my career, and had the very real concern any mention of a mental health issue would derail my career. The PTSD never went away, and the symptoms and findings of my C&P exam are the same today as they were then. I've been told by NGB they will not approve my PTSD LOD, because without proof of ongoing treatment, they must assume that I've gotten better and it's no longer an issue.

My question is: does anyone know of a DODI, USC, or other guidance that addresses the approval of LOD's for PTSD? As always, any help is very appreciated!

Greetings all! I have been referred to the MEB for various spine and joint issues, as well as apnea and PTSD. I have approved LOD's for all except PTSD. I received a VA rating of 50% for PTSD in 2010. At the time I told nobody about the diagnosis, nor did I ever draw compensation. I didn't want to lie on a PHA when it asked if I was receiving care for anything; I was dedicated to taking care of my Soldiers and making the most of my career, and had the very real concern any mention of a mental health issue would derail my career. The PTSD never went away, and the symptoms and findings of my C&P exam are the same today as they were then. I've been told by NGB they will not approve my PTSD LOD, because without proof of ongoing treatment, they must assume that I've gotten better and it's no longer an issue.

My question is: does anyone know of a DODI, USC, or other guidance that addresses the approval of LOD's for PTSD? As always, any help is very appreciated!

This is the Army Regulation for LOD's. It is not condition specific (that is, it deals with all conditions or disabilities).

https://www.pebforum.com/resources/ar-600-8-4-line-of-duty-policy-procedures-and-investigations.74/