PTSD Medboard Help 19years Active

Currently I have 19 years and 4 months active duty time and am stationed in a WTU. I have been diagnosed with PTSD for 3 years. I have been on a profile for PTSD for 14 months now. I am here at the WTU for multiple medical conditions. I have recently taken the Daps test for PTSD and scored Severe PTSD, I have also taken a couple other mental health tests. I have been seeing Behavioral Health weekly for the last 3 years. My BH notes reflect my diagnosis and my struggles. I have also been Diagnosed with TBI. My BH physiatrist told me that the WTU Medboard doctor reviewed my records and said I do not qualify for a P3 permanent profile for a Medboard. She was told that I have been dealing with Chronic PTSD for a long time and have been functioning so there is no reason to Medboard me. I have been struggling keeping it together just enough to make it to Retirement, but I figured this would be the place to get better. It has affected my work life, marriage, and caused depression for awhile. I can’t go out in Large Crowds or gathering areas so I just secluded myself unless neccessary. I have had the Stellar Ganglion Block (SGB)and that didn’t work. I have done pretty much all treatment except inpatient. I am not Suicidal or Homicidal either. My Physciatrist stating she did not understand how they came to that conclusion that my PTSD is not bad. My Physciatrist said I was the worst PTSD case she has. She said this has happened to other patients she has had here also. It seems like they are anti PTSD Medboard here. I will continue with my care while I try n make my 20 years. I just don’t understand how you can just not take the recommendation of the treating Physciatrist and about 500pages at least of BH notes from many providers. It seems like you have to be Inpatient or Suicidal to say ok He/She is not Fit. I have been Non Deployeable for 14months. Could anybody give me any advice on my available options. I am trying to make it to my 20 year mark. I cannot drop a retirement packet because the WTU is considered medical hold. So I would like to Medboard closer to my 20 years but holding it together is getting hard especially with all of the Politcs and nonsense. My PTSD and TBI is Combat Related. I also have many other conditions I am being treated for including a Back issue that can also initiate a Medboard but may not give me much based on DOD Back percentages I see people getting. Thanks in advance for any advice given.

@elsereno19

I would not get overly wound up by what one person says. Since you are in the WTU that really sums up your fitness! Since you want to make it to 20, let them disagree a bit longer, it will help you get to 20.

With so much at stake, I would seriously consider seeking out competent legal counsel to represent your. The Office of the Soldiers Counsel does serve you, however they really only do the minimum required.

Contact www.peblawyer.com

I too, faced similar issues with the WTU. They can be challenging to overcome and a good lawyer goes a long way.