PTSD Rating Revised

SamanthaB

Registered Member
Hello All,

Here is my situation:

Met formal PEB, medically retired 17 Nov 2010 with 50% PTSD rating, less than 20 years of service. I am a Chapter 61 retiree, retirement pay is 50% of my average last 3 years.

VA revised initial PTSD rating on appeal, 3 years later to 70% with effective date of 18 Nov 2010 (day immediately following my retirement).

Question: Shouldn't DFAS have revised my retirement pay to be based upon 70% rating, not 50%?

Thanks.

DFAS will not be automatically make this change, but you should file with the BCMR to ask that the correction be made. You have solid evidence. The process will be slow.

Thanks Chaplaincharlie for the response. I will have to obtain a copy of my PEB results to file with BCMR. I assumed long ago that the two ratings were separate.

Were you placed on TDRL and then later switched to PDRL?

Were you placed on TDRL and then later switched to PDRL?
I was placed on the PDRL and retired. Would that make a difference? It was just striking that when my VA appeal was approved from the initial 50% to 70%%, it was backdated to the day after my retirement.

I was placed on the PDRL and retired. Would that make a difference? It was just striking that when my VA appeal was approved from the initial 50% to 70%%, it was backdated to the day after my retirement.
I'm not sure how they would treat this most board upgrades are from medical separation to medical retirement not sure how they would handle a case from percentage numbers above 30% already but its definitely within their power to do. I go at it with a pro bono attorney at least.