Pushing ahead with a VA claim or waiting on NGB and a potential IDES process

Guardguy11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I will start with the questions I am hoping to get answered and then provide a little more of the back story.

- Are there any downsides to starting a VA claim before the IDES process?
- Would it speed up the IDES process if I already had most of this stuff done or would I just have to re-accomplish it?

From everything I have seen on these forums and heard from people I know that have went through similar med board stuff, NGB months to come back with a determination. Even with NGB finally coming back with a yea or nah, they are just the first step to even get permission to enter into the IDES. I just wanted to see if anyone has tried to save some time by just going to the VA while waiting on the NGB bureaucracy to reach maximum shenanigans.

Thanks for the help!

Guardguy11

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
UPDATE - NGB came back with a push to MEB decision much faster than I anticipated. PEBLO recommended staying the course with the IDES versus Legacy DES so no need to fill out a VA claim early. I will update again as I go through the process.

Tractirusa

Registered Member
I am in the same boat, sort of. I did claim first, came back 100% combined 2 years ago, and NOW going through MEB

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">