QTC Doctor screwed me I think

Bgregory7882

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I got my NARSUM and MEB packet, the two conditions I am being boarded for are degenerative disc disease in my lower back, and degenerative disc disease in my neck, both P3. The QTC doctor never used a goniometer to measure my range of motion... through the whole process, yet stated in my packet that my ROM was in the normal range... I'm in pain constantly, and the council said this morning that because she said it's in the normal range, the Army and VA would rate me at 0%, for those conditions. The other non P3 conditions would give me a 90% VA rating... it's ridiculous that the P3 conditions that cause the most pain would be a 0 and would put me at 100% with a 30% or greater rating on each... what are my options?

ThisGuy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Brother, I feel your pain as my QTC doc did a similar number on me. What I did was I didn't accept the findings of my NARSUM. I went to my civilian doctor and had him do a range of motion for my neck and my lower back. I used these to file an appeal. It worked for me. The only issue was that I had less than 5 days to get it all done. Call your counsel and see about an appeal or even an IMR. Just make sure to tell them that the QTC doctor did not perform a ROM w a goniometer as stated in the regulation. Good luck. Just keep fighting it at every step until you get your due.

Bgregory7882

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Brother, I feel your pain as my QTC doc did a similar number on me. What I did was I didn't accept the findings of my NARSUM. I went to my civilian doctor and had him do a range of motion for my neck and my lower back. I used these to file an appeal. It worked for me. The only issue was that I had less than 5 days to get it all done. Call your counsel and see about an appeal or even an IMR. Just make sure to tell them that the QTC doctor did not perform a ROM w a goniometer as stated in the regulation. Good luck. Just keep fighting it at every step until you get your due.
Awesome thank you

Jimmy73

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Same story here too. Back, neck, surgeries on both. He'll, I had knee surgery in a tent/trailer in Kuwait. 10% for me. I have dizzyness/vertigo from a brain tumor removal. When I went in for my C&P exams, I was having a bad day with these issues so they didn't give me a ROM exam and noted this in the final report. I tried submitting additional DBQ's that noted my ROM done by my civilian doc (I'm NG) for my one time reconsideration. They told me it was incomplete and not filled out correctly. WTF, the majority of the pertinent information was completed. It's a civilian Doc not familiar with this process, least of all these frigging VA forms. Good luck to you, just keep fighting for your benefits you earned. I know I will, Jim

ThisGuy

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Sorry to hear that Jim. All I can tell you is keep on fighting. A friend just got his service connection after almost five years with back pay. It's disheartening but you have to look out for yourself otherwise they will screw you without hesitation as we are just numbers on statistics spreadsheet.

islandboy25

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You should be able to do a VARR, I did for my lower back. Due to the Dr not using the measuring tool and had my forward ROM at 50degrees. I went to the physical therapy department and got another ROM test done properly...my rating went from 20%_40%....get in touch with your MEB lawyer about doing a VARR

Bgregory7882

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks Gents I'll keep you updated on outcome hopefully this thread can help others, found out there are 30 ish cases involving this same doctor/Nurse practitioner doing the same thing. I filed a complaint with the VA office of inspector general about her. I will be getting a new ROM done next week by a civilian doctor, and submitting that along with a Memo for record up with my packet.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">