Question about MEB/PEB and VA's part in the findings.

Sledge

Registered Member
I'm currently about three weeks into my MEB up at JBLM right now for my right ankle pain and instability. Got hurt back in March of 2011 and turned down two surgeries after a LTC told me that the surgery would only stabilize and not reduce the pain with only about a 30% chance of success overall for the surgery itself. I get referred for an MEB. I've done 2 of my 3 VA appointments and have the last one in about two weeks or so. My question is, does the VA's appointment and findings over the actual reason I'm being boarded play any role in the PEB's finding of Fit or Unfit? Or does the PEB only go off of my medical records and what they have prior to all of this happening? My PEB is gone right now or I would ask her, any information would be greatly appreciated.

I would say that it definitely plays a role in the IPEB's decision process... along with your commander's statement and everything else.

I am at about the same point in the MEB process as Sledge...my question is: How does one find out the results of all of the VA appts?? For example, I had numerous x-rays of all my lower joints, to include my hips, for strains...will I ever find out the results of those x-rays, or will I just receive a number (rating) at the end of the whole MEB process??

I think once everythign fromt he va exams is submitted yo can request copies of the C&P exams. but I do not know the entire process.

When my MEB was completed the MEB referral was sent to the PEB along with medical record to include the C&P exams, NARSUM, and NMA, etc. I was provided a copy of the exams and a copy was entered into my medical record. Damn near made another volume. Hope this helps.

Contact the VA office handling your exams and request your "C-file." It's good to have so you can use them at your MEB/PEB and able to review the info ahead of time.