Question about process.

Kirwan52

Registered Member
Good morning,

Currently I am on HUMS orders for my kids Mental Health issues and Physical Therapy. During this whole time as well i have started seeing psychiatry and finally a good therapist for depression, anxiety and adjustment disorder. I also have back and hip issues currently. My therapist suggested yesterday i look into med retirement because he was worried about me when I go back to sea duty in a few months with everything going on. I had told him about possible hardship due to the fact my daughter is not getting better when he came up with the suggestion. So my question is how do i go about looking into that while I am on HUMS. Thank you

Kirwan52

Registered Member
Also I forgot to add that.. I have had one full waiver in cycle 2 2015, and cycle 1 2016 I was waived from sit ups, then cycle 1 2018 I was waived again from situps. I see my doctor next week to see if I will be waived again.

Kirwan52

Registered Member
Update. Got waiver again for cycle 2 2018 for situps. My CFL put my MEB Requirements as yes. What happens now?

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You wait. The process grinds slow. If your case merits MEB, the PEBLO will call you in and brief you on the process. Hope you and your child find the help you need.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Hope the MRI and exam give you some definitive information.

Kirwan52

Registered Member
So my MRI is this week but have another question though. I have been trying to read on the forums and stuff to about this topic, but I just had my PHA this week. The HM1 that completed with me put in my record that I was "NOT MEDICALLY READY" for the fact of my current mental and physical stuff going on. I also just submitted my extension for HUMS and waiting on word for that. My question is what does that mean as far as sea duty goes if disapproved, and should I be contacting my normal detailer and let them know what medical stuff I have going on? Should i rather try to go on LIMDU rather than HUMS? Any advice would be great.

Kirwan52

Registered Member
Figure I update my situations. My HUM's orders for my daughter was denied. So the detailer already knows about my medical stuff. Sports Ortho Doc says i might need surgery on my hip which is 3 or 4 months down the road as i have some more testing to do. I am also going to be up for sea duty. So with everything going on with after failing my PHA, then with all my medical stuff what could I expect? I also am going to be continuing PT for my HIP and Back to get it fixed.

Kirwan52

Registered Member
Spoke to someone who suggested to see Navy Disability Lawyer to find out what can possiblt happen if i fail sea duty screening and the navy deployability instruction. Got Bursa shot last Thursday, still have some pain. Next appointment is jan 3

OllieT

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
@Kirwan52 I suggest talking to your PCM about all that is going on in your life (Orders, Family situation, Hip surgery, medically undeployable) and just be open and honest. I'm sure this is very stressful for you and only one of the things I have mentioned above on it's own is stressful enough. I found that just been open and honest with your doctor about what would be your best option for further medical care? I know that once your PCM places you on LIMDU (this option will issue you new orders where you are to a shore duty station to facilitate your rehabilitation after surgery) This might be initiated if you fail your sea duty screening any ways.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">