Question on Benefits and what to expect during MEB

jcursi23

Registered Member
Question. My name is Jon and I used to be on Active Duty. I switched over to the IMA program and have been on Active Duty Orders as an IMA with no break in service for the last 7 years. My total time in service will be 17 years in June 2018. I am getting a Med Board as I have been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease, Ulcerative Colitis, and etc. Everything has happened while on Active Duty since the Army decided to take my gallbladder out. Once I get my rating will I still be eligible for Tricare or do I have to wait until age 60? Since I am on title 10 orders on Active Duty I should be treated as Active Duty correct? Also, am I eligible for early retirement and VA or just the higher of the two? I know there is a rule if you have more than 15 years but less than 20. Just want to know if I will get both or just VA and if I still get Tricare? Thanks in advance.

If you are 30% or more DoD rated you will will be TriCare eligible. Yes, you are AD and thus treated as such. Under 20 you get only one.

Thank you Chaplain Charlie. Was worried since technically I am a reservist since I’m in the IMA program that I wouldn’t get my Trieste til the age of 60. Guess it’s a good thing I’m on Active Duty orders.