question on IPEB packages

So i just got word from my PEB counselor that my package was ready to be submitted to the board...so I looked over the NARSUM from the my doctor, and the VA C & P exams. so I have a couple of questions . Firstly can the packages be sent to the board without the ratings from the VA? and do the VA ratings eventually get to the board before a final decision is made? also is there a way i can make a statement in writing to the board on how my conditions affect my everyday life and work outside of the non medical assessment that my command wrote? thanks for all the help

USAFTACP

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
So i just got word from my PEB counselor that my package was ready to be submitted to the board...so I looked over the NARSUM from the my doctor, and the VA C & P exams. so I have a couple of questions . Firstly can the packages be sent to the board without the ratings from the VA? and do the VA ratings eventually get to the board before a final decision is made? also is there a way i can make a statement in writing to the board on how my conditions affect my everyday life and work outside of the non medical assessment that my command wrote? thanks for all the help

I'll take a stab at it:
can the packages be sent to the board without the ratings from the VA? - yes
do the VA ratings eventually get to the board before a final decision is made? - VA ratings are different than military ratings. The VA rates you much higher.
is there a way i can make a statement in writing to the board on how my conditions affect my everyday life and work outside of the non medical assessment that my command wrote? - yes. Before I submitted my package, I was given the opportunity to write a narrative but I declined to do so. I personally wanted the cold hard evidence and my CC letter to do the talking.

gunmate1

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
USAFTACP
I have a question for you. My medical record should be able to do the talking for me because it shows over 9 years worth of an injury. But my COC NMA contradicts itself. First it says im hurt and would be missed at my command then it says that im a shit bag and can do my job? I didn't submit a narrative with it. So i have no idea how the board may see that. Should i be worried since my chain of command NMA contradicted itself, i mean really 2 paragraphs talk about my injury and the other 2 basically say im fit. SHould i be worried?

NACnomore

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
USAFTACP - I think HAZ is probably under the new program. They no longer do a PEB physical and seperate VA physicals, separation physicals. You start w/ the VA and have one physical, that's it. Haz your VA physical findings will be part of the board.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">