Question on who is eligible to sign

JJL1105

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hey everyone,

My MEB is starting very shortly and I have a question on who would be able to create my CC letter due to my circumstances. I'm in an infantry battalion and I did an entire workup with my company and a month before deployment my injury occurred and I missed deployment for a series of 4 surgeries and many hospitalizations. My former platoon commander (now XO of a different company, same battalion) was the officer who saw my performance every day and would be able to give an accurate assessment of how this injury effected my job. I'm on a dead man's profile so my current chain of command doesn't really know much about my injury and performance history. Would my former platoon commander be able to create a commander's letter and send it to my current CO to sign off on?

Thank you.

Hey everyone,

My MEB is starting very shortly and I have a question on who would be able to create my CC letter due to my circumstances. I'm in an infantry battalion and I did an entire workup with my company and a month before deployment my injury occurred and I missed deployment for a series of 4 surgeries and many hospitalizations. My former platoon commander (now XO of a different company, same battalion) was the officer who saw my performance every day and would be able to give an accurate assessment of how this injury effected my job. I'm on a dead man's profile so my current chain of command doesn't really know much about my injury and performance history. Would my former platoon commander be able to create a commander's letter and send it to my current CO to sign off on?

Thank you.
Yes.