Question

I so want to blow up about the way they are treating Soldiers now, I can't believe this crap! I know it has to do with the draw-down, but still!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Ok I wear a prostetic device on my lower leg. Have a few injuried severe but never treated. Tough guy thinking not smart guy thinking. Anyways for the alst few months I have been conducting appointments getting everything in the system for when I retire at 20. Will hit 18 years this month. I know there is no guarantee on the rating but looking at all the others at Center for Intrepid with the same disabilites I got a good idea(hopefully). I am combat related injury and the VA rep at CFI told me I get clothing allowance since i wear a prostetic. I have had 7 major bleeds on my brain from being blown up so I just got diagnosed with TBI, broke my back but never treated and broke my neck nbever treated. and lost a testicle too. Another question will it hurt me if I decide to MEB without ever having a profile. I have yet to have a profile and I have took and maxed every PT test given to me. My doctor in Ortho is the same one I had in San Antonio and he has been beating me up for years to give me a profile since I am slowly killing myself. So he was going to play along with me and give me a P2 if I wanted to stay and be a BN CSM, but right now me and the wife have decided to call it quits so he is going to P3 me and send me on my way. Didn't know if not having a profiel for so long would hurt me. I have my inujuried documented and have been treated still see pain management for a cocktail of gabo and oxycodone. They try and prescribe more since I am pending a higher amputation but I try and only take the bare minumum. any advice will help. Also I heard since I am selected to attend the academy they will put me out as a SGM, want to know if that is true

Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

Indeed, we all are tough guys and gals with broken minds and bodies at this point in time; in my opinion. :(

Nonetheless, please take care of yourself now! Good job with getting your medical conditions properly documented now rather than later or never. Never default acceptance to potential injustice!

To that extent, it would be more advantageous to reach the 20-year AFS mark to qualify for CRDP benefits also; if feasible.

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!

There is no guaranties that you will make 20 yrs. They will let you go at 19 yrs and 11 months if your MEB is finished. There are ways to extend this but right now drag your feet every inch of the way, take the max amount of time to get things done.

ok talked to the commadant for the SMA. I know him and he gave me some details. I can go to school with a P2. I can still go to school but as a non-res with a temp. I can take a walk on the pt test. Seems half the class is on profile. Talked to a few CSMs who just graduated and they said same thing. Most had profiles P2 one with 2s across the board and attended and graduated and was promoted and selected for CSM. There is a medical screening conducted prior to attending. I did not have to do COAD and my pending surgery is up to me. There is nothing offical since the Doctors in San Antonio kept everything out of my file since I asked them too so not to screw myself with an injury and not get promoted. My last physical I passed with flying colors although I did require a waiver because once you are missing items from your body you are considered disfigured. My Stump My stump my Stump My stump My lovely manly stump check it out. Sorry had to put that in there.

No need to blow up about how they treat soldiers. I agree with them to some extent. Once back from treatment i was removed from being a 1SG. ALthough I was the best 1SG in the Brigade I could not accompy my soldiers on long slow runs due to not having enough time to adapt to the leg. So I understand that. They need those who can do 100% of all taskes not just some. I knew that coming into the army. Just like the NFL get injured can't perform someone takes your place and you get kicked off the team regardless of contributions and I agree with it. Crap happens. The doctors are on my side they are all good friends and heads of departments. So i get what I want. I can stay till 20 without a problem, my only concern was how it would affect me having an injury for 7 years and never having a profile and then getting one the last year or two in my carrer and then MEBing out. Didn't know how that would affect me. I know they are basing PTSD and sleep apnea of treatment time not severity from what we all just got briefed this year. Said it was a new change. Don't know for sure. Right now I have 2 plans get P2 profile go to SMA graduate pin SGM and CSM wait 3 years then MEB, Go to school without profile chance the run which I can pass just not eveerytime since the leg comes off or out the shoe since I run a little fast. Or MEB now and see if they will put me out at 20 as a SGM even though I did not attend the SMA. The doctors at carson will transfer me to san antonio if I elect a MEB and take a P3. Already talked to CFI and they are willing to take me and put me on school option to bring me to 20 or beyond.

Also I just got my full 100 grand tsgli last year does that affect anything in the MEB.

If you have a pending rank, such as a line number- you will have that rank for MEB retirement purposes. Even without pinning on.

I'm just a little confused. Are you trying to attend SMA and finish your 3 years to full retirement? Or MEB out?

It is difficult for a member to "choose" when their MEB is intiated. There are certain conditions that mandate one or a year long profile for one condition generates one. Even if you go to one 3 years from now, they may find you fit as you were able to perform your duties to finish your career, even with those conditions. An MEB does not guarantee you will get anything extra.

Be careful leaving major info out of your medical record, as this is used for your VA rating.

As long as it is covered in your medical records, there is nothing that will affect profiles and the MEB. You can have a profile for 6 months and get recommended for a MEB. It seems the base for minimum medical history for a unfitting claim is 6 months, for the DoD to have at least the chance to treat and/or stablize the issue.

TSGLI should have nothing to do with the MEB, but my line of thought could be wrong...