Questions about appealing a VA disability rating using VA Claims Insider

Nords

Registered Member
I'm Doug Nordman. I've lurked here for years and I finally have a question.

I've heard from my network about the company VA Claims Insider. They're apparently interested in running ads on various military websites, and there's some concern over how much their services benefit the vets who use them. I realize there are lots of resources out there (including Veteran Service Officers who are free to the vet) so I'm not sure how this company can improve on "free."

If any of you have used the company to help file or appeal your VA disability claim, I'd appreciate reading about your experiences here-- good or otherwise.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I'm Doug Nordman. I've lurked here for years and I finally have a question.

I've heard from my network about the company VA Claims Insider. They're apparently interested in running ads on various military websites, and there's some concern over how much their services benefit the vets who use them. I realize there are lots of resources out there (including Veteran Service Officers who are free to the vet) so I'm not sure how this company can improve on "free."

If any of you have used the company to help file or appeal your VA disability claim, I'd appreciate reading about your experiences here-- good or otherwise.
In my opinion, there is rarely the need to use a commercial entity to file a compensation claim. I have had five claims over the years and developed them myself, without the help of a VSO.

Veterans Service Officers provide their service free.

The cost associated with "VA Claims Insider" is preposterous.

$1,997

"With this program, you pay a one time fee of $1,997. You will get access to: Hours of videos and training materials and bonus material. The VA Claims Insider Mastermind group"

I hope a moderator removes what is essentially an ad for the "masterminds".

Ron

Nords

Registered Member
In my opinion, there is rarely the need to use a commercial entity to file a compensation claim. I have had five claims over the years and developed them myself, without the help of a VSO.

Veterans Service Officers provide their service free.
@RonG , I get that. I agree that the costs are ridiculously high and that there's no need to pay for free services rendered by VSOs. I did my own VA disability claim with the help of a very good VSO and I encourage my audience to do the same.

I'm not here to advertise. I don't want to give the company any publicity.

What I'm trying to do, if you and the moderators will permit, is to collect actual experiences from those who may have used the firm. There are plenty of vets on Facebook groups who seem to think that the VA Claims Insider people are doing miracles for them, but I can't tell whether they're actually beneficiaries of their services or just FB shills. I've searched this forum for the company's keywords and I don't see any hits.

If I get specific client feedback then I'll take it to my network of other military authors & entrepreneurs and we'll politely decline the advertising revenue of VA Claims Insider. I'll share that client feedback on FB groups like Veteran 2 Veteran Info. The company is buying exhibit tables at military conferences, and I can have a word with the conference organizers about the client feedback.

It's the same way that I'd advise my audience to ditch FirstCommand-- using stories about what they actually do with their clients.

Since you seem to feel that I'm a messenger in need of shooting, how about running my name through a search engine and seeing what I do for military families. Then you and the moderators can discuss whether you want to leave this thread here for feedback.

I've recommended this forum to dozens of my audience over the last few years who are confronting MEBs and PEBs. I hope you're giving them a chance too.

RonG

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
I agree with you; my assessment was harsh and my inference was incorrect. Thank you for helping other veterans.

I also thank you for hoping I give MEB and PEB military personnel a chance. I do and it is free, as is the assistance offered by others on this board.

This is a case for review by moderators (if they choose). Whatever they decide is fine with me.

Ron

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">