Questions about favorable C&P exam

Cdinsmore96

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have a question about favorable exam results. I have a completed DBQ by my rheumatologist and his attending physician which essentially ended up being mirrored by my QTC examiners C&p exam results, which were actually even more favorable than my own doctors. Both my doctor and the examiner selected boxes in the autoimmune arthritis DBQ for incapacitating episodes, 4 or more, 6 weeks or more. My examiner also put yes for constitutional manifestations associated with active joint involvement that are totally incapacitating. I’ve reviewed the rating criteria for these findings, but im concerned with the battle the VA has had defining incapacitating episodes. It looks like they attempt to use “doctor prescribed bed rest” but they have also been challenged in court to change the definition for DC 5002. I have technically been on bed rest, and out of work on active duty for over a year, but our in house flight doc never actually prescribed bed rest. We have our own doc in the Pararescue pipeline who basically just does what he wants and things are very informal. I asked him to provide an update letter that states days of worked missed and bed rest days but my question is this, if my C&p results are favorable is it likely a VA rater will attempt to disprove these findings? Thank you!

When there is a tie among bonafide information, the VA must provide the rating that favors the Veteran. When your ratings come back for unfitting conditions, if you are not satisfied you can request a VARR.