Questions on MEB/PEB/Rating Timeline and MGIB Ft. Campbell.

bini

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am stationed at Fort Campbell and on February 22, I was diagnosed with Autonomic Dysfunction (Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome - POTS) as I get really dizzy often and I have passed out a couple of times. Doctors refuse to put me on Medication and recommended me for MEB.

Tuesday March 8 - Initial Evaluation
Wed March 9 - Demographic Brief
Thu March 10 Permanent Profile
Friday March 11 - Meeting with PEBLO (He said VA will call me next week)

I have only been in Service for almost a year graduated AIT in August of 2015. I know its ridiculous but I was too sick during BCT for like 8 weeks and they think it must have triggered POTS.
My Questions are:
1) I have already made my Montgomery GI Bill payments, will I get any GI Bill? I went to Education center and they said it depends on my State (Minnesota) but usually i need to have 2 years in service after my AIT to be able to get any MGIB benefits.
2) Anyone who also got discharged for POTS, did you get any disability rating above 30?
3) How long does this process take? I am told 3-4 months.
4) What are the chances that I can be fit for duty?

I am sorry if anyone/all of these are a stupid question but I just wanted to put it out here and I m hoping for some answers.

Allright. So I got some answers today. Since it is a Medical discharge, I will get ALL my GI BILL!!!!!!!!

They say I have disautonomia but today, I sat with my MSC (VA Rep) and we went through everything. So I also applied for disability for IBS, Acid Reflex, Hemorrhoids, Tachycardia and adjustment disorder with anxiety. I have only been in for 1 year and i dont know whats gonna happen.

You will probably get medically discharged with 10% or 20% and a severance pay. It's hard to prove service connection with the other disorders especially when you're only 1 year in.

UPDATE ON MY TIMELINE:

Tues March 8 - Initial Evaluation
Friday March 11 - Meeting with PEBLO
Tues March 15 Meeting with MSC
Wed April 6 C&P Tests
Wed April 20 Received NARSUM
Thus April 21 Signed NARSUM and MEB complete

Its going pretty fast so far I am hoping to get Unfit/Ratings by the end of May? What do you guys think?

UPDATE ON MY TIMELINE:

Tues March 8 - Initial Evaluation
Friday March 11 - Meeting with PEBLO
Tues March 15 Meeting with MSC
Wed April 6 C&P Tests
Wed April 20 Received NARSUM
Thus April 21 Signed NARSUM and MEB complete

Its going pretty fast so far I am hoping to get Unfit/Ratings by the end of May? What do you guys think?

How did it go? What did POTS get rated?