Ramstein Timeline

jessicad231

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
7 - 10 January: RILO submitted sometime between those days
13 January: MEB/IDES enrollment notification

I can't say that I wish to stay at this point (though a RTD is possible), because I will have missed the window for a lot of opportunities. My ETS and DEROS is 31 Dec 2020. I'm kind of numb that it's actually made it to the MEB phase. I only say this because after talking with my medical team it seemed that keeping me on a mobility and fitness restrictions while undergoing immunotherapy was a viable option while we wait to see if my condition improves.

Welcome to the forum. Knowing what you want to be the outcome is important. Choose wisely, then pursue that path.

I have my phone call with my VA Claims Representative on Friday, 7 Feb. I was told to have my list of conditions I wish to claim and my banking information. I've went through all of my medical notes and made a list of things I wish to claim. Is there any insightful information anyone wishes to share from their process prior to my phone call? Thanks.

I’m at RAF Lakenheath and had the same phone call with the VA MSC last year. The person I spoke to was very down to earth and explained/ had some additional insights into the process and my specific situation that he had seen from other cases.

I prepped through reading my medical records and listed every possible thing I could think/read/remember. We ended up putting almost all them down and he actually put in a few more that I didn’t realize/remember.

It was very low key phone call for me, shouldn’t feel any pressure/worry.

My claim development went okay. I have 19 claims, including the referred condition, based on what is in my medical records. After signing that, my PEBLO informed me that I need a Commander’s letter. Great. Unfortunately, I was just placed on a UIF for something I did that is loosely related to one of my conditions I am claiming. My unit has been doing things to get me to stay, so I’m truly conflicted about how the letter will play out since they have not been really supportive of expressing I want out.

Not a major update, but I met with my CC a little short of two weeks ago to talk about my future in the Air Force. This morning I received the DD 1185 back from him His comments in the are brief, but accurate for my intended purposes and he recommended a 'Do Not Retain". With this, should I 'concur with additional comments' to have a chance at voicing my own thoughts to the IPEB or just 'concur' and move on?

If you want out just concur... if you dont I would add comments on the 1185

I am as well getting MEB'd out of Ramstein, going on 5 months now. As of tomorrow, Narsum and AF 688 signed.

Rough timeline:

16 Oct 19 - Commander impact letter sent
16 Oct 19 - NARSUM received from PCM
28 Oct 19 - Full MEB directed
10 Dec 19 - First C&P Exam
23 Dec 19 - Last C&P exam
29 Jan 20 - VA Exams received
4 Mar 20 - Signing NARSUM/AF form 688

Believe I have 18 claims, advised AFPC takes little under 30 days to return with decision, followed by ratings, and orders. Hoping to be out by end of April?

Geez. I'm wondering what takes them so long to schedule our C&P exams. I was told my wait just to have them scheduled would be 45-60 days.

I hope no one finds minor updates annoying.

3 March: VA Claim moved to Evidence gathering, review and decision
4 March: VA closed the notice for Request 1. Upon seeing this, I called the VA directly and the gentleman stated my exam requests had been submitted. I took it upon myself to call VES to ensure they had the right APO address, email address and both my German and American phone numbers. I woke up to all of my appointments being scheduled on 11 March, 17 March (2x) and 25 March (2x) 2020.

Now, I will be honest. I was a little bratty and send an inquiry to my Congressman because I was not happy with the VA MSC informing me that it would be 45-60 days just to have my exams scheduled. 3 March happened to be the day the VA Rep got back in touch with my Congressman's VA Caseload Manager, so I'm not sure if the "expedited" scheduling of my exams had anything to do with my congressional inquiry. I'm not entirely sure what to make of this as it appears that 30 days seem to be the timeframe for which exams are scheduled anyway.

Two C&P exams have been cancelled due to the current pandemic. Both providers were flying in from Italy to Germany to conduct the exams...I’m buckling in and fully prepared to either reattack those medical issues with the VA once I’m out or just wait and see if VES can eventually rebook. Those two appointments were already two hours away...can’t imagine they’d have a backup closer.

I’ve been confirmed for my psych exam via web on Monday with my provider that’s in Italy (VES only has this one for my region). I was told to make available my ID and list of all medications. Can anyone who has had a Telehealth exam recently shed some light on how this may go?

Two months later and I'm waiting on my last C&P exam that will cover my referred condition and about 7 other claims that are non-specialty items. I have to be honest, I'm super annoyed and it's showing in a very "meh" way in me. These days, I just go to work, do what I'm supposed to do, and go home (for the days that I do have to go in). As I was anticipating being out already (independent of the MEB), I've now turned down ~10 GS jobs in my ideal locations.

The most irritating thing has to be that the third-party contractor (not VES, but physicians VES further contracts with) has stated that they will not be accepting VA/VES patients for the foreseeable future (October at the earliest) as they've moved to a different location that cannot accommodate these patients due to lack of space. I've relayed this information to the VA and to VES, but I've just been met with "well the VA isn't scheduling face-to-face anyway, so sit tight." I don't understand this. The VA says they can't pull back the exam order from VES until VES says that they cannot fill it, so then they will go with other contractors they use. From what I've been told, the only other contractors are out of country, so I'm sure I'll be here the remainder of the year.

Sorry for no real updates here, I'm just frustrated and needed to vent a little.

Wow that's crazy. I got lucky. I hope it turns around soon for you

Just an update:
25 Aug - General Medical C&P in Kaiserslautern

I was notified on 28 August that I needed the PFT still, so that's scheduled for 9 September 2020.

Just an update:
25 Aug - General Medical C&P in Kaiserslautern

I was notified on 28 August that I needed the PFT still, so that's scheduled for 9 September 2020.
Any news from you? Did you get ratings or anything yet?

Any news from you? Did you get ratings or anything yet?
Hey! Had to go back in twice because my examiner did a poor job, but my exams were sent to my PEBLO 23Sep20 and she said they have twenty days to get the addendum to my NARSUM done

Hey! Had to go back in twice because my examiner did a poor job, but my exams were sent to my PEBLO 23Sep20 and she said they have twenty days to get the addendum to my NARSUM done
Awesome! Must be nice to be close to done with it all. It could be close to a year before I even get in for exams because of Covid and how slow the VA is taking patients for C&P exams. I’ll be watching to see what happens in the end with you. Thanks for replying.