Rating decision made, but no one knows what it is?

phaerix

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
VA.gov now shows that they mailed me a letter and that rating decisions were made... it directs me to ebenfits to find these ratings, but it's not updated on there. Is there anyone I could call that would have them? My PEBLO said she didn't have them yet.

SoManyQuestions

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Im sorry, I can totally understand how stressful that is seeing that its been sent out and waiting. My letter was sent out April 26th, and my PEBLO recieved it May 6th late in the day. I hope this helps.

RonG

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Im sorry, I can totally understand how stressful that is seeing that its been sent out and waiting. My letter was sent out April 26th, and my PEBLO recieved it May 6th late in the day. I hope this helps.
I am not suggesting the following is acceptable, but it happens...

Occasionally, I receive documentation from government entities, including the VA; DFAS; Medicare; Tricare;, etc. Invariably, the date on the document is 6-14 days prior to my receipt of the document in the mail.

Opinion: I believe that many of those documents were generated within the applicable system on the date shown, but they did not "make it out of the building" until days later, I believe that most of the delay between preparation of a document and actual receipt is due to processing procedures in the organization sending the document.

Somewhat related: My office circa 1978 received travel claims from the recruiting command and MEPS throughout 5th Army (if I remember the element correctly). Often we would receive calls about claims which we had not received yet. In other words, the sending organization had delays and then there was the U.S. Postal Service and lastly the Ft Sam Houston mail processing. The major delay in processing those claims however, was our office not having adequate personnel for the huge volume of incoming claims.

Ron

phaerix

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Did your ebenefits disability page update at all during your wait, or was your PEBLO the first person to tell you?

Gh0st

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am not sure ebenefit will display your VA rating decision before you’re out of the military (I might be wrong); your MSC and PEBLO should be able to tell you what you VA rating decision is, even if they can’t tell you what the breakdown are. My claim was closed last Wednesday, I called both my MSC and PEBLO the same day for the result and they told me what it is. Although my VA rating was completed last week, ebenefit page is still showing “reviewing of evidence.” I did my review with the PEBLO yesterday, legal review and signed my election today. These folks should be able to provide you answers and the way forward.

phaerix

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Thanks for the input. I just needed to wait an extra day.. I find out in an hour what my ratings are from my PEBLO.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">