Ratings Back!!! Timeline Possibility???

Tomcat.USN

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I just received a phone call from the MEB office telling me my rating have came back. They found me Unfit, with 20% DoD and 50% VA. I go next friday to meet with them and sign off on the ratings. How long after I sign should I have until they process me out?

Usually once they have the official message it shouldn't take long. I would think anywhere around 30 days. I would talk to your PEBLO. What where the conditions they rated you on? and how long did the process take for you?

What where the conditions they rated you on? and how long did the process take for you?

I started the MEB process on July 23, 2012. My ratings are:

Cornea Scar (In need of transplant) 20%
Adjustment Disorder 30%
Tinnitus 10%
GERD 0% (<-- I was shocked!!, but it woudn't have bumped me to 60%)
Hearing Loss- 0%
Left Shoulder Tendonitis - 0%
Right Elbow Bursitis - 0%

I started the MEB process on July 23, 2012. My ratings are:

Cornea Scar (In need of transplant) 20%
Adjustment Disorder 30%
Tinnitus 10%
GERD 0% (<-- I was shocked!!, but it woudn't have bumped me to 60%)
Hearing Loss- 0%
Left Shoulder Tendonitis - 0%
Right Elbow Bursitis - 0%

Also they did not rate my Segmental Dysfunction in Lumbar Region (Back) Also very shocked about that.

Are you going to appeal?

No. When I talked with the Jag's they told me my eye rating is pretty set in stone. They said it would be almost impossible to get it to 30%. Jason and another moderator on here told me initially it would be tuff to get to 30 also. He told me I could always appeal the VA decisions on some o the ratings at any given time

I was thinking that maybe some of the conditions either weren't considered unfitting that could have been or new ones that weren't addressed by the PEB. How many unfitting conditions were there? Maybe a VA reconsideration could bump you 10% somewhere?

I was thinking that maybe some of the conditions either weren't considered unfitting that could have been or new ones that weren't addressed by the PEB. How many unfitting conditions were there? Maybe a VA reconsideration could bump you 10% somewhere?

I only had the 1 unfitting condition. Which is the Eye condition. If they bumped GERD to 10% that would put me at 54.3% rounding down to 50%. Maybe with the back condition I could get 10% and that would bump me to 60%. I'm thinking getting to the next 10% will be a battle. I feel pretty blessed with the 50% though.

I have follow up exam in 24 months it says on my findings, for my eye, and adjustment disorder. Are these ratings permenant or can they lower at any time??

Do any of your other conditions contribute to not meeting retention standards or inability to perform your duties?

As far as the VA; a rating can increase or decrease.

Do any of your other conditions contribute to not meeting retention standards or inability to perform your duties?

As far as the VA; a rating can increase or decrease.

Only my eye makes me unfit. It says in my finding that the severity of this procedure will effect me for the rest of my life. (If that helps any)

How long of a time frame do you think I'm looking at if I were to accept? Appeal?