Ratings for Diabetes Insipidus

USAF/Supertyger

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Good Afternoon,

Would anyone know where I can find the correct VA disability ratings for Diabetes Insipidus? I was doing a google search, but there are many different answers. Thank you.

It is complicated
1540302988176.png
because of the note in the screen shot above.

Good Afternoon,

Would anyone know where I can find the correct VA disability ratings for Diabetes Insipidus? I was doing a google search, but there are many different answers. Thank you.
I currently have a 40% rating for DI. I was initially diagnosed in 1984 and retired from active duty in 1987. I also have four ratings for 20% each, and another three for 10%. My total rating using VA math is 80%. However, lately I came across a number of disabilities that have been out fallout of the effects of DI. I Some of my existing ratings fall into that category. In addition, I did stumble across a paragraph (sorry, can't find exactly where) that states if you continue to have symptoms even under treatment more than twice monthly, you may be entitle to a 100% disability rating. My petition for upgrading my rating is in the works. I have separately filed for things that were caused by an extended hospitalization caused by my medical condition. The side effects of DI must be linked to a traumatic episode of your DI (mine being hospitalization for nearly a half year). But it is possible if you can justify the linkage of now problems that are directly aligned with or caused by a service connected disability.