Ratings received. Now heading to transition....

My question is that currently where my MEB is taking place says that I can have max 90 days in the transition period. But that is only if I have leave, etc. Does anyone know, especially with all this COVID-19 stuff going on, if I can take that complete 90 days to complete everything I have to do (SFL, etc.). I would like to take all 90, and then cash out my leave after. Is that possible?

MEB is taking place at Fort Sam Houston. Whole process has been very quick to this point. Began in early DEC., and now I already have ratings (roughly only 4 months later)

did you already accept your rating? IF not you could request A formal PEB to buy you some time.

Still deciding. I am >30% on DoD side, and 100% on VA side. I could request formal, but I don't think it carries a purpose for other than what you just mention. Hate to bog the system down when I don't really have a complaint regarding the ratings.

The way my HR explained it to me, is that 90 days is the maximum. They will calculate your date for you based on leave and pTDY you have left. Basically you only get to take all 90 if you have leave and pTDY to fill the time.
You were "supposed" to be referred to and begin SFL-Tap at the time of referral (maybe they didn't tell you, wouldn't surprise me). That time at the end isnt for you to work, do SFL-Tap, transition or anything other then out-process and GTFO.

I was told if you have no leave and your CDR denies pTDY, you get 10 days from receiving your orders to be out-processed and then you'll be a veteran.
If you have 30 days leave, you'll get 30-40 days based on how much time your HR/post gives you to out-process.
If you have 80 days leave and CDR approves 20 days pTDY, you'll outprocess while on pTDY, use the 20 days, then get 70 days leave, and be forced to sell the remaining 10 days.

I asked about ETP for the 90 days and was told that goes up to big Army HRC, so not to hold my breath for an approval without crazy extenuating circumstance.

Probably best to ask your HR person directly though.

* Oh I forgot to mention, per HRC FAQ, Retirements, Separations, and Chapters are exempt from COVID related restrictions. I.e. COVID wont stop it, and they are supposed to find a way to process you though on the normal timeline despite the situation. ("They" being your installation)