Reasonable Timeline

Noobzor

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
At what point does a meb process turn into neglect of treatment?

I have been coded since August, rilo came back in November for full meb and nothing has been done since. I am being bored for lumbar ddd, and radiculopathy. I work in aircraft maintenance, and these conditions are miserable to work with, being on my feet 8 to 10hrs a day and bending makes things worse. I am a surgical candidate and the civilian doc thinks it would be best to do surgery, however I can't due to being coded.

I have tried multiple neuropathic pain meds, and also antidepressants that treat pain. I have have done facet injection, rfa and also omt. So basically I can only do surgery at this point, but I cant. So I am stuck at the mercy of people figuring out how to do their job. Until recently my clinic didn't have a real peblo, only a clueless fill in nco.

At what point is enough enough, I feel like it's dragging for no reason. Either let me do surgery and pause my meb, or get going

Similar circumstance, and I understand what you're going through. Being stuck in limbo with back pain is no good. I was able to get a laminectomy done despite being coded, I had to get my surgeon type up a letter stating I would be a good candidate for surgery. Check with your PEBLO, let your Shirt and PCM know what you're going through - I found it easier to type up an MFR and provided it to just about everyone in my chain to let them know exactly what I was going through.

Funny thing is I've had both surgeons at the same practice do up a letter saying I am a good surgical candidate from both mri and also emg testing. Pcm and sgp say no since I'm getting meb and that would change things too much. Sounds like they don't want to look bad on this. I have been coded 165 days and I still haven't been to c&p exams, I've turned in my 21-0819 over 2 months ago! So you can understand my frustration. Was your command able to push for your surgery?

Funny thing is I've had both surgeons at the same practice do up a letter saying I am a good surgical candidate from both mri and also emg testing. Pcm and sgp say no since I'm getting meb and that would change things too much. Sounds like they don't want to look bad on this. I have been coded 165 days and I still haven't been to c&p exams, I've turned in my 21-0819 over 2 months ago! So you can understand my frustration. Was your command able to push for your surgery?

You talk about coding? How would I know if I am coded? My PEBLO has had my paperwork since the end of November and I haven't been called to schedule them yet. It's like pulling teeth to get any information from her or to even get a call back or email. I'm just hoping I've officially started the process because my EAOS for HYT is in 2 months.