Rebuttal Response

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I am currently awaiting the IPEB's findings currently; however, after I received my C&P results back, I requested an IMR. The doctor that reviewed my case sided with me and said Fibromyalgia should have been added to the MEB conditions. My PEBLO just sent me an email with a response from the MEB board dated back in January from a Colonel saying that he/she disagrees with the IMR findings and that I have received numerous medications changes (I have tried them all including Lyrica without results) and should wait to see the maximum medical benefit. The issue is that none of them have helped and Lyrica had some unexpected side effects and now, I am no longer any medications for the Fibro. If they don't work for me, why would I take them according to my PCM. Long story short, has anyone been in a situation where the MEB did not add a condition that the IMR found should have been included in the MEB referral?

Josh C

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
My PEBLO just sent me an email with a response from the MEB board dated back in January from a Colonel saying that he/she disagrees with the IMR findings and that I have received numerous medications changes

You can have Fibro that is resistant to Medication there is a category for that in the VA rating. The Colonels argument about the medication and Fibro doesn't have a valid point.
If the IMR says it should be on your MEB it will most likely get added on. You just have to keep fighting with them until they follow the appropriate process.

Usndocgreen

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You need to have someone documenting how your Fibro is being managed even if non medically. Three areas of Fibro management are sleep, pain and fatigue/depression. The colonel sees you on no meds and says then must not really have a problem. Medical management is a mainstay but doesn’t work for everyone as you’ve experienced. Options are have whoever is managing you Fibro extensively document whatever you are doing management wise ie melatonin, water aerobics etc etc etc or just get on an approved med at the lowest dose possible to gain what benefit you can. Hope this helps from someone with fibro

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Yes, I have been through a fibro management course at BAMC and continue to see pain management. They do massage therapy, yoga, and chiropractor. I recently switch from Effexor to pristiq, in attempt to see if it helps with pain. Cymbalata and lyrica did not help and I don’t want any sort of major pain medicine. I keep in contact with my PCM and have done all the sleep hygiene therapy courses as well. I suggest anyone else with Fibro to ensure to document all treatment specifically for their fibro.

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I ended up being med boarded and retired but the AF refused to include the Fibro. I ended up with 70% DoD and 100% P&T from the VA. I will be retired on July 16.

HLHL

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
What was your unfitting condition?
I am currently undergoing my C&P exams and have been found unfit for Fibro, Anxiety, depression and Somatic Disorder.
I wonder if they are going to try and combine all my unfitting rating into one rating?

mkg1995

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I am currently undergoing my C&P exams and have been found unfit for Fibro, Anxiety, depression and Somatic Disorder.
I wonder if they are going to try and combine all my unfitting rating into one rating?
They should rate each condition individually, to which they will combine these together to get your DOD unfit rating. As long as you have a DOD rating of 30% or more, you’ll be medically retired from the military.

theunknowntoby

PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
PTSD. Even though I have done all of my Fibro program and have been undergoing treatment for over two years, the VA C&P doc put I did not have it on my form. They grouped it together with lumbago and bulging disks and gave me 0 percent. Didn’t matter in the end but was frustrated.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">