Estimated Finish Date (w/Appeal):
UNKNOWN
Estimated Finish Date (No Appeal):
UNKNOWN

Reported Date:
06/26/2017
Referring MTF:
Vilseck, Germany

Is anyone else having this issue? Signed 199 on 02 June and this is what the dash board has been like since, help desk seems down. Weird how the current step is N/A??
Yeah, My step says the same thing. N/A and UNKNOWN for Estimated finish dates.

Sooooo a lot of you have been saying, "man I signed my 199 in June why don't I have orders." Prob because people in April and may haven't even been processed yet. Yea got it we all have lives and cannot plan for the future you are not special. Stop calling the PDA. How would you feel if someone called you 500-600 times a days. There are thousands of us.

Still waiting on ratings. Day 62 and counting

Sooooo a lot of you have been saying, "man I signed my 199 in June why don't I have orders." Prob because people in April and may haven't even been processed yet. Yea got it we all have lives and cannot plan for the future you are not special. Stop calling the PDA. How would you feel if someone called you 500-600 times a days. There are thousands of us.
How do you all know where the PDA is at with processing? This information is definitely great because it makes sense besides all the other random things I keep hearing. I signed mines May 10 but wasn't sent to the PDA until June 15th. Waiting patiently, but this is good insight thanks.

Do not know if it is going to change anything, but I have filed a DAIG complaint with the support of my local IG and CoC against the PEB/PDA. The National Capital Region PEB (where my case went through) and the USPDA are actually in the same building in Northern VA and utilize the same "Customer Service Personnel". After having my case "dropped" from the system in January and sitting idle for 3 months before the Personnel Management Officer at HRC National Capital Region checked and saw that not only was I not in the system, but none of the "Customer Service Personnel" at the PEB bothered to check whenever my PEBLO sent an inquiry. If they had, it would not have taken 107 days to find out I was no longer in the system.

So that brings me to the PDA..... 8 of us from my state have had our cases submitted to the PDA for Retirement Orders in the last 70 days. 2 cases submitted before mine had theirs completed in 13 & 16 days, 4 cases submitted AFTER mine were completed in 1, 6, 7 & 15 days and yet I am on day 50. An analyst at the PDA has had my case for over three weeks and when my PEBLO sends a request for an update, the response is "<name> case with analyst".

So yes, there are others that have been waiting longer and I DO NOT feel as though mine should be put ahead of theirs, BUT there should not be others that have theirs submitted WEEKS after mine that get completed in few days. If there is a valid reason that someone needs to be expedited, then by all means have it expedited...... but I know for a fact that the other 7 from my state that have received their orders (and some are now retired) did NOT have their cases expedited.

The system is broken, going through a Congressional or calling the PDA constantly is NOT going to help. If you are getting screwed around by these folks and it is not just a case of being impatient and not wanting to wait 2-3 weeks, then file a DAIG complaint. It is too late for us, but if enough people go through the DAIG then hopefully they will be forced to fix the system for those who come after us.

Do not know if it is going to change anything, but I have filed a DAIG complaint with the support of my local IG and CoC against the PEB/PDA. The National Capital Region PEB (where my case went through) and the USPDA are actually in the same building in Northern VA and utilize the same "Customer Service Personnel". After having my case "dropped" from the system in January and sitting idle for 3 months before the Personnel Management Officer at HRC National Capital Region checked and saw that not only was I not in the system, but none of the "Customer Service Personnel" at the PEB bothered to check whenever my PEBLO sent an inquiry. If they had, it would not have taken 107 days to find out I was no longer in the system.

So that brings me to the PDA..... 8 of us from my state have had our cases submitted to the PDA for Retirement Orders in the last 70 days. 2 cases submitted before mine had theirs completed in 13 & 16 days, 4 cases submitted AFTER mine were completed in 1, 6, 7 & 15 days and yet I am on day 50. An analyst at the PDA has had my case for over three weeks and when my PEBLO sends a request for an update, the response is "<name> case with analyst".

So yes, there are others that have been waiting longer and I DO NOT feel as though mine should be put ahead of theirs, BUT there should not be others that have theirs submitted WEEKS after mine that get completed in few days. If there is a valid reason that someone needs to be expedited, then by all means have it expedited...... but I know for a fact that the other 7 from my state that have received their orders (and some are now retired) did NOT have their cases expedited.

The system is broken, going through a Congressional or calling the PDA constantly is NOT going to help. If you are getting screwed around by these folks and it is not just a case of being impatient and not wanting to wait 2-3 weeks, then file a DAIG complaint. It is too late for us, but if enough people go through the DAIG then hopefully they will be forced to fix the system for those who come after us.

Darkfeather,
Aren't you Guard also? If so what is the disposition process after the PDA completes it's process? I know how it works for regular Army but not for Guard..

Hey Macjac..... yes I am National Guard and a Federal Technician as well. The explanation I have received is that the entire process up to retirement orders being cut is the same as Active. Where we differ is that we do not get to select our retirement date, that is determined by the PDA. Once the PDA produces the retirement order it is sent to both our PEBLO and the State MEDCOM. MEDCOM will provide a copy to your command and the G1 at JFHQ.

There are some things to keep in mind on the Guard side of the house..... Once your 199 is sent to the PDA an analyst will be assigned your case for processing, the analyst will request an updated RPAM statement from your PEBLO who in turn requests it from your State. ALL RPAM points have to be accounted for whether they will affect your TiS or not.... This means if you drill or perform AT after the RPAM Statement has been sent to the analyst at the PDA, you will have to provide another updated RPAM Statement. My PEBLO advised me to request to be excused from Drill until Retirement and my Commander granted the absence, otherwise it can delay the process.

One other thing, on the Federal side of the house..... I would suggest getting with your HR once you sign your DA-199. My HR explained that prior to filing for Medical Retirement in the Federal System, you MUST file for Social Security Disability. If you are like me, you will be denied because you are still working and I have no idea why HR requires this, but if your HR does require this, go ahead and get it knocked out because it can take the SSA a month or two to process your claim.

Hey Macjac..... yes I am National Guard and a Federal Technician as well. The explanation I have received is that the entire process up to retirement orders being cut is the same as Active. Where we differ is that we do not get to select our retirement date, that is determined by the PDA. Once the PDA produces the retirement order it is sent to both our PEBLO and the State MEDCOM. MEDCOM will provide a copy to your command and the G1 at JFHQ.

There are some things to keep in mind on the Guard side of the house..... Once your 199 is sent to the PDA an analyst will be assigned your case for processing, the analyst will request an updated RPAM statement from your PEBLO who in turn requests it from your State. ALL RPAM points have to be accounted for whether they will affect your TiS or not.... This means if you drill or perform AT after the RPAM Statement has been sent to the analyst at the PDA, you will have to provide another updated RPAM Statement. My PEBLO advised me to request to be excused from Drill until Retirement and my Commander granted the absence, otherwise it can delay the process.

One other thing, on the Federal side of the house..... I would suggest getting with your HR once you sign your DA-199. My HR explained that prior to filing for Medical Retirement in the Federal System, you MUST file for Social Security Disability. If you are like me, you will be denied because you are still working and I have no idea why HR requires this, but if your HR does require this, go ahead and get it knocked out because it can take the SSA a month or two to process your claim.

Appreciate the info, My packet is at the PDA, but per my Ombudsman's email on Fri. the info she gets from them the system which the PDA uses has been down for the last several days and no work can be done. Seems like the same story every time.

Still waiting on ratings. 71 days and counting. When or how should I start stomping my feet a bit?

Well, that's good news for the rest of us, started this process Dec 3 2016, just waiting on orders signed 199 2 Jun

Still waiting on ratings. 71 days and counting. When or how should I start stomping my feet a bit?

VA is their own beast. Only thing you can really do is see if your PEBLO can ask the PEB to ask for a update on why it is taking so long, and you can ask your VA MSC to look in system to see if the VA has been requesting any extra information from the medical providers, which causes a lot of delays.

Well, that's good news for the rest of us, started this process Dec 3 2016, just waiting on orders signed 199 2 Jun

Yeah the PDA is a tricky step. They are pushing out that they are averaging about 6 to 8 weeks to process a packet once they receive it due to their backlog and short staff.

VA is their own beast. Only thing you can really do is see if your PEBLO can ask the PEB to ask for a update on why it is taking so long, and you can ask your VA MSC to look in system to see if the VA has been requesting any extra information from the medical providers, which causes a lot of delays.

Yeah the PDA is a tricky step. They are pushing out that they are averaging about 6 to 8 weeks to process a packet once they receive it due to their backlog and short staff.

I have a question just talked to PDA they say my packet is currently with an analyst and is being processed does this mean I am close to getting orders or do they say that to everyone just to get them off the phone any information is greatly appreciated

Well, they told me that three weeks ago,.... still waiting. It's crazy that after 24yrs of service to the country and you're treated like garbage on the way out.
Spoke with PEBLO on Tuesday, after I spoke with OMBUDSMAN. PEBLO stated he's seeing cases that the 199 were signed late APR so we are getting close.

Just to update, signed 199 on 2 June and got LOR today 7 July with an out of 4 Oct, will be moving that back to 26 Sept for pay reasons, hope those that have waited much longer get theirs back soon.

Just to update, signed 199 on 2 June and got LOR today 7 July with an out of 4 Oct, will be moving that back to 26 Sept for pay reasons, hope those that have waited much longer get theirs back soon.
Well with any luck we will start seeing more movement in the near future with all of our cases.

What did you do you "fight the system"? I contacted my installation's ombudsman to expedite my case due to my job start date being a few weeks away. To get orders in a day of signing your da199 is amazing.

I threatened with congressman, my ombudsman was a huge part of this as he told them anything he could to get my orders. I went over peblos head and got supervisor to call DC. I called several times to DC myself. Basically made them sick of me

I threatened with congressman, my ombudsman was a huge part of this as he told them anything he could to get my orders. I went over peblos head and got supervisor to call DC. I called several times to DC myself. Basically made them sick of me
I finally got PDA to finish up my case last week. I went to my ombudsman and she helped, but the PDA kept giving excuses. I told my ombudsman I appreciated the help, but I'm about to lose my civilian job so I'm going higher. Not sure if that help or I happened to be next in line, but I hit Transproc. Now gotta wait on installation!

Got my call Thursday of last week. Final out is 24 Jul. I didn't have any leave and the command is already allowing me to go to school as my place of duty. I signed my 199 6 Jun but was not submitted back to PEB for forwarding to PDA til the 8th of June.