Recent PDA Timeline

I signed my 199 last week. I haven't hit Transpoc yet. My Peblo said I should be out in the next 30-90 days. I'm praying that's true and I'm out soon.I'm in Hawaii if that makes a difference or if anyone else is in the same boat.

From what I was told Wednesday by my PEBLO, PDA is making a major push and is asking for all outstanding packets to be pushed to them.

I signed my 199 last week. I haven't hit Transpoc yet. My Peblo said I should be out in the next 30-90 days. I'm praying that's true and I'm out soon.I'm in Hawaii if that makes a difference or if anyone else is in the same boat.

What is Transpoc? I feel like I have very little information about what happens after the PDA. When you say 30 to 90 days, do you get to pick a date within the 90 day window or is that decided for you by your unit or someone else?

What is Transpoc? I feel like I have very little information about what happens after the PDA. When you say 30 to 90 days, do you get to pick a date within the 90 day window or is that decided for you by your unit or someone else?

Transpoc is essentially the transition office. From what I understand the PDA gives you a NLT date for your effective retirement.

Was at Retirement Services Office (TRANSPROC) last week to give them a copy of completed MEB packet. Was told that the PDA gives the NLT date and then name will appear on "the list" in TRANSPROC. When name appears on this list, an email will be sent to the SM and the SM's commander and 1SG. Then, the SM is expected to bring back a counseling statement (sample provided in the email) along with the proper leave form that will be used during the transition. When these are brought back, TRANSPROC has 72 hours to produce the order.

In terms of choosing a date, I believe the SM has that choice depending on how much out-processing needs to be done and leave days available. Was also told that the NLT date can be extended if needed.

I recieved orders 12 July with a retirement date of 10 Aug (ARNG) M-Day but they were not correct still trying to get that fixed. Did get someone on the phone yesterday at the PDA and they were helpful and said they would look into my issues surprisingly. Also said they were in the process of moving whatever that meant.

Mac what kind of the VARR process, how it works and how do we get notification that it is complete? I also have a VARR in the process but not sure how I'll know things are corrected. Meaning do you know if we will receive sometime of proposed rating fix statement or ???? My PEBLO is no help and my legal counsel just took a new position so Camp Atterbury has one legal counsel for all SM's going through them.

so for the first time in 2 months and I actually got someone who wasn't a complete a**hole at PDA they told me that my case is in their system it just hasn't been assigned a analyst yet.. 2 months and still no analyst oh well... more waiting I guess. So if anyone is still waiting for their DA 199 to be officially signed I would just call PDA and ask if your case is in their system that way at least you know that its up there and your PEBLO isn't telling you BS

Can you share the number?

I called the PDA today and one of the NCO's who worked there said that currently they are caught up to all of June cases and have started working with July's. She couldnt go more in depth as how into July's cases they were in.

This should provide a somewhat timetable for those who signed their 199 between July and August and those who recently signed it.

Hey guys,

Signed 199 8AUG
Case arrived at PDA 10AUG
Hit Trans TODAY!!! 7SEP

So I guess when it comes down to the whole "working on July cases" it does not matter when or what time your case arrived at the PDA because I barely sent my case to the PDA in august.

best of luck all!

Hey everyone, I just got some news today I didn't like. So I sent my 199 back on 14 August and my Peblo didn't get around to sending it until the 17th so I called her today and she said the PEB didn't even send it to the PDA until the 23rd. I was bummed but it is what it is.

I figured I would add this here because it might help for some to understand that when you sign your 199 it DOES NOT go straight to the PDA and even though you only have a certain amount of time to look over and submit your paperwork they are not in a rush to get it where it needs to be after the fact. To think of how much quicker this process could have went if my Peblo cared. My case sat for 3 whole months after being referred to the MEB before I was assinged a Peblo almost every other step of this process I've had issues with her. Anyways hope this helps someone. End rant.

Hey guys, I'm in Hawaii. Thought I'd give an update: my 199 was submitted 59 days ago, and....still waiting

Still crickets from them for me

PEBLO just called. I just hit TRANSPOC!!

Indeed, congratulations! :D

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

Downside, because I'm USAR AGR I have to now await HRC to cut my retirement order so I can go to the transition office.

Congrats! I've been following your case on here, because I got referred for Crohn's. I started in 3JAN. Signed my 199 mid July. Still waiting to hit the list.

Funny thing is, I just got assigned to the WTB with a report date in October. My original packet was initiated in December 2016, lost sometime between Feb and June (don't know exactly when because command kept saying that they submitted it when they didn't. And yes, there was a hard copy of all my patient notes in the packet, and it's lost...), anyway it was recreated in June and actually submitted...

One thing is for sure, I can't wait to be done with the Army. The ineptitude is insane, and it wouldn't be as bad if it was a normal job that didn't affect every aspect of my life... rant over!

Congrats again!