Recent PEB Results

ensgates

Registered Member
Has anyone received Navy/Marine Corps PEB results recently? My pacakage was received by the PEB on 19 September 2013. Tomorrow will mark day 15 and I still have not heard anything. Just curcious if the shooting and furloughs have had an impact to the 15 day prescribed timeline.

My package was sent to the PEB on 9/20 and I called the VA to see if they received my case from the PEB and was told they received it in Providence on 10/2 which means I was probably found unfit on 9/28ish. It depends on who you get on the phone with the VA as they can be very sensitive on giving out information. Try calling the VA to see if the PEB sent your package to the VA for ratings or always try the PEBLO, but often times PEBLOs aren't dependable.

My package was rcvd by the PEB 9/13 and was sent to the VA 9/23 for preliminary ratings. I would ask your PEBLO to check the JDES report for your status. The VA rep I spoke with on the phone wouldn't tell me anything specific, but she did fill me in on the process. Best of Luck!

Nope, still waiting. There is a post in the Marine Corps timeline forum with some Providence RI timelines. They all seem to come to a halt when they get to the VA stage. We all have our fingers crossed. Best of Luck!

mine was recieved by the VA on 7/29 and my and im still waiting on results.

I'm on day 44 since package sent to VA for ratings. Was told I'm still in the "developmental stages of ratings" ha, whatever that is.

I'm on day 44 since package sent to VA for ratings. Was told I'm still in the "developmental stages of ratings" ha, whatever that is.
Mine was almost 2 month waiting for the VA for ratings.
A bit of info for the two of you that you may not have read and I have repeatedly posted on this:
The PEB finds you unfit, they scan your entire packet and give it a file name. They then send it to the VA via the electronic system (some program created to simplify and reduce backlog.) There your packet can sit in this system for up to 30 days. So my packet say for instance was sent to the VA on Oct. 1, they have until the date of Oct. 31 to open the packet. At this point when they open the packet the VA has officially "received" the packet and assigned it a date/time serial number. Then the VA has the general guideline of 120 days to rate your conditions and send it back. That timeline can move to the right or left depending on how complicated your case is, the packet has to hit every department and be signed, it's kinda like a predeployment screening round-robin style. Now, after the VA finishes the preliminary ratings, they then scan the entire packet again back into the same system and sends it back to the PEB. The PEB has the same requirement to "receive" the packet with-in 30 days after the VA sent it back. So in effect some people think that the VA has had their packet for XX amount of days, which they really haven't.

MarineChix, the VA has only had your packet for approximately 14 days, not 44. Same goes for you too rweltz. I am not saying they waited exactly 30 days to receive the packets, but due to the new backlog from the recent shutdown, I tend to lean that they did wait the full 30 days.

I don't want you guys to think you have been waiting on an extreme long amount of time, the VA is a system, it works, but not all the time, people who work at the VA are human and make mistakes too. As many have stated before knowledge is your friend, and no one else can be your better advocate than yourself.

I hope this helps with any anxiety that you're having that the VA is taking so long! :)