Recieved Back/Hip ROM tests back from VA...Unsure what ratings will be HELP

trav2210

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Ok My package is forwarded to the PEB but I was hoping to get some insight on the ROM tests for my back and hips. I know i qualify for the forward flexion less than 30 degrees, but what about the combination totals for these.

my dod conditions are :
lumbosacral spondylosis without myelopathy
osteoarthrosis, localized, not specified whether primary or secondary, pelvic region and thigh
thoracic or lumbosacral neuritis or radiculitis, unspecified
degeneration of lumbar or lumbosacral intervertebral disc
spasm of muscle

These all sound similar to what ive been diagnosed with previously on my abreviated MEBR but the conditions above were pulled directly from my 6100-1.

Should I be concerned about the fact that the two forms don't match exactly, or are they looking at my record more than just that form?

Also what does everyone think I will be rated for my Back and hips. I also have a bunch of other VA conditions.

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
All of that is going to be taken into consideration, they had to do ROM tests for seperate parts of your body to ensure they get it right as a whole.

trav2210

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
I think they did both the thoracolumbar and cervical spine measurements because i had both a low back injury (primary) and a mid back injury (secondary).

I am really wondering if there is any truth to the saying that the PEB must rate me at the HIGHER percentage of the two

grizz13

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
From the past on what I have seen they will combine the back and give 1 rating for the back as a whole unfitting claim. What did the DA 3947 say for the claims?

trav2210

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
there are quite a few differnet ones for us. We have an informal version which is a MEBR. It states the basic problems and limitations to the MEB. And the MEB returns a 6100-1 with their determinations. It isn't anywhere near as long or detailed as your form, but does state the diagnosis origin and future procedures. Mine is stating that i need to be refered to the PEB. No ratings or anything whatsoever just yet. That will come back from the peb. Just trying to get a heads up on the game.

Jason Perry

Benevolent Leader
Site Founder
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I think they did both the thoracolumbar and cervical spine measurements because i had both a low back injury (primary) and a mid back injury (secondary).

I am really wondering if there is any truth to the saying that the PEB must rate me at the HIGHER percentage of the two
Sorry, I am not sure I am tracking the question(s).

Back ratings are assigned for either/or "thoracolumbar" and "cervical" spine segments. If found unfitting, the military will apply the VA proposed rating to whichever segment(s) is/are unfitting.

trav2210

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
during the C&P exams they found decresed disc height in my cervical spine, but my unfitting conditions are in my thoracolumbar spine and hips.

My question is soley about the hips and thoracolumbar spine. I don't know much about how the hips are rated, but from what i see about my thoracolumbar my ROM indicates 40% since forward flexion is 30 degrees or less. So will i get that rating or will it be on combined ROM?

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">