Recieved my ratings! Please help

niecypiecy112

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I sat down with my PEBLO today, and my ratings turned out great. 70% DOD/ 90% VA. there was only a problem with one of my VA claimed conditions. I would like to get it changed before the VA proposed decision goes implemented. How do I go about changing this information on my VA claim before I get out of the service?

Chaps_Z

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
You are allowed one VARR after you get results. Talk to your PEBLO about it and he/she will point you in the right direction.

You need to have some new information that shows why the original rating was wrong.

gsfowler

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
VARR can only be done on referred (unfitting) conditions. If it is a claimed condition you may need to file a notice of disagreement (NOD).

Warrior644

Super Moderator
Staff Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Lifetime Supporter
Registered Member
What is a Notice of Disagreement? How do I file it?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

A NOD is a VA Form 21-0958 and is completed upon receipt of your DoVA official ratings if you disagree when you become a veteran.

One important factor is that you must complete the NOD within one year of the date on the DoVA decision letter albeit the NOD can take on average 2 to 5 years to complete unfortunately. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">