Recieved my ratings! Please help

niecypiecy112

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I sat down with my PEBLO today, and my ratings turned out great. 70% DOD/ 90% VA. there was only a problem with one of my VA claimed conditions. I would like to get it changed before the VA proposed decision goes implemented. How do I go about changing this information on my VA claim before I get out of the service?

You are allowed one VARR after you get results. Talk to your PEBLO about it and he/she will point you in the right direction.

You need to have some new information that shows why the original rating was wrong.

I concur, request a VARR.

VARR can only be done on referred (unfitting) conditions. If it is a claimed condition you may need to file a notice of disagreement (NOD).

What is a Notice of Disagreement? How do I file it?
Welcome to the PEB Forum! :)

A NOD is a VA Form 21-0958 and is completed upon receipt of your DoVA official ratings if you disagree when you become a veteran.

One important factor is that you must complete the NOD within one year of the date on the DoVA decision letter albeit the NOD can take on average 2 to 5 years to complete unfortunately. Take care!

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer!"

Best Wishes!