RECIEVED RATINGS from Camp Pendleton IDES

danileon88

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
I recieved my ratings from my PEBLO today. 50% dod 90% va TDRL. The wait is finally over. I can now start the next chapter of my life without the stressors of knowing whether or not i am seperated or retired.

Since i am going to be on TDRL, will the navy now move my stuff to somewhere other then my home of record?

Yes. You rate home of selection

Yes. You rate home of selection

You are entitled to a Retirement Home Station of Choice.

A retirement is a retirement is a retirement.... It's in the JFTR (Joint Federal Travel Regulations).

Unless you came into the service from outside the lower 48 (and a couple of other exceptions), they will subsidize your move anywhere within the lower 48.

Make sure to read your retirement orders to make sure the retirement language is on them so you can get yourself set up with transportation & briefings.

Although many retirees do move within their first year (post retirement), you can also extend your retirement relocation move for up to 5 yrs. post retirement. BUT, you have to re-apply every year and there are deadlines and cut-offs.

Be sure to double check with your branch of service on the specifics of this if you need to delay for medical treatment, kids in last year of school, etc.

V/R,
nwlivewire

You are entitled to a Retirement Home Station of Choice.

A retirement is a retirement is a retirement.... It's in the JFTR (Joint Federal Travel Regulations).

Unless you came into the service from outside the lower 48 (and a couple of other exceptions), they will subsidize your move anywhere within the lower 48.

Make sure to read your retirement orders to make sure the retirement language is on them so you can get yourself set up with transportation & briefings.

Although many retirees do move within their first year (post retirement), you can also extend your retirement relocation move for up to 5 yrs. post retirement. BUT, you have to re-apply every year and there are deadlines and cut-offs.

Be sure to double check with your branch of service on the specifics of this if you need to delay for medical treatment, kids in last year of school, etc.

V/R,
nwlivewire

Be sure to read up on your TDRL rules, too.

It's not over until your are either PDRL'ed or severanced or RTD, etc.

If you move, be sure to update everyone - VA, DFAS, your TDRL people (for starters) on current address/phone, etc.

nwlivewire

I just want to reemphasize livewire's superb advice.

The TDRL process will require a reeval. If they can't find you, it goes completely FUBAR for you. You may think, hey, the military moved me to Texas, they know I'm not in South Carolina anymore. *BZZZZ* You have been around long enough to know the right hand doesn't talk to the left. Make sure everybody, every last contact you were given, and could possibly research, knows exactly where to find you. There have been many coming to this board asking how to fix things when this goes south, and the answer is never pretty.

Move where you want, but shoot, move, COMMUNICATE.

I recieved my ratings from my PEBLO today. 50% dod 90% va TDRL. The wait is finally over. I can now start the next chapter of my life without the stressors of knowing whether or not i am seperated or retired.

Since i am going to be on TDRL, will the navy now move my stuff to somewhere other then my home of record?

All right, congratulations on your recent receipt of IPEB findings inclusive of DoD proposed rating with TDRL and DoVA proposed ratings! :D

Indeed, I too in addition to @nwlivewire & @scoutCC comments shall offer sound insightful feedback in reference to the extreme importance of maintaining your medical healthcare treatments while placement onto the DoD TDRL! :)

To that extent, please remember to never default acceptance to any injustices; fight then continue to fight some more until receipt of your desired expectations supportive via medical evidence and/or medical documentation! ;)

With that all said, please take care, get well, and enjoy life! :cool:

Thus, I quite often comment that "possessing well-informed knowledge is truly a powerful equalizer."

Best Wishes!