Redux/CSB Navy

Killakx3

Registered Member
Good afternoon all,

Back in July 2015 I received an admistrative message saying that I am eligible for Redux/CSB. In August 2015 I started the MEB process. The questions is:

1. Can I elect to take the "CSB" ($30,000) as of today (Sept 25, 2015)?

2. Or am I no longer qualified for the Redux/CSB because I am in a MEB board process?

3. If I do take the CSB ($30,000), will I have to pay it back if the "DOD" says that I am "medically retired"?

Thanks all
Killakx3

pittpan2005

PEB Forum Veteran
Good afternoon all,

Back in July 2015 I received an admistrative message saying that I am eligible for Redux/CSB. In August 2015 I started the MEB process. The questions is:

1. Can I elect to take the "CSB" ($30,000) as of today (Sept 25, 2015)?

2. Or am I no longer qualified for the Redux/CSB because I am in a MEB board process?

3. If I do take the CSB ($30,000), will I have to pay it back if the "DOD" says that I am "medically retired"?

Thanks all
Killakx3
Killakx3,
Assuming you have less than 20 years, when a service member is medically retired Redux payment is not recouped or applicable. Whether you are eligible for Redux would depend on the admin message and its specifics. However, because an MEB may result in return to full duty, profile or PEB, it may be an option.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">