Referred Conditions Vs. Outcome

Fusedfrom4-1

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
Hello all, 0311-USMC 6 Yrs Service.
Referred to MEB for spondylosis & PTSD. Days later I was surprise diagnosed with Fibro.
First and foremost lets address my back - First injured in casevac drills (fireman carry) May of 2013. Xray showed mild scoliosis Reinjured Fast roping from CH-53 while dark. Imaging showed collapsed disks DDD and arthritis. Documentation THOROUGH through 2013 to present. Physical Therapy, Pain management, Injections, Stimulation all leading up to L4-L5 fusion in Aug 2016 (failed), L4-L5-S1 Fusion in Sept 2017. Undergoing physical therapy and pain management again and currently. Multiple and very repetitive diagnosis of Intervertebral degenerative disk disease, lumbar and lumbosacral bilateral radiculopathy, Back muscle spasm, Hip pain, SI joint pain. Continuous Narcotic medication for almost 2 years. Also I have statements from my Surgeon disclosing all symptoms, physical therapist disclosing all symptoms in addition to measurements (FWD flexion 10 degrees) muscle weakness, numbness in toes, and scar measurements w/ pain and unstable. My question for this is how do I claim things as a result of my back so the PEB grants combined conditions and ratings for the same unfit condition finding? Also those of you with further knowledge, how does my case look?

PTSD, Diagnosed OCT 2017. (result of 2014 time in Iraq) - civilian sleep study (scanned to military records) shows behavioral REM disorder, I get physical and yell in my sleep (poses threat to clandestine operations as compromising positions to enemy) Continuous treatment and medication since. Diagnosis of PTSD, Insomnia, Sleep disorder(unspec), Night-mare disorder, for almost every visit since. Additionally my psychiatrist filled out a DBQ for it, that I am holding in my arsenal for the right time. To me DBQ meets between 50-70% criteria, and I am more cautious then generous when assessing my situation.

Fibromyalgia Diagnosed Feb 7th 2018. This was a result of failing treatment for the past year and a half, physically and mentally, while ruling out arthritic conditions. The rheumatologist nixed autoimmune, and hit me with Fibro. More importantly, the Rhuemo served me notes Stating the notes in my record should serve as an addendum should I be referred to MEB AND gave my a DBQ form annotating widespread musculoskeletal pain, and annotating refractive to therapy (criteria for 40%)

I am meeting with the MSC next week to make claims, any recommendations or advice on how I should go about it? Also even though Fibro was not on my original referred conditions, the rheumatologist stated in my medical record, should I get referred her note will serve as an addendum, and filled me out a SOLID DBQ. Will the PEB consider it? Also I was told to hold onto my DBQs I had filled out incase I needed to appeal findings. I need some advice on what to do, and how to make the best of my back as it makes life the hardest. I have my own binder with every supporting document possible. Does anyone have any ideas or seen similar conditions with outcomes? I have a wife and 3 kids, and cannot do jack. I'm either going to have to find a great paying job consisting of going to the doctors office, or properly go about this process educated and with no stone left unturned. Thank you all.

R/S
Fused

For the fibromyalgia, make sure the condition is added as an addendum to your referred condition. Include the DBQ and notes. You will be able to review the packet and make sure its included before it is sent to the PEB.

If not primary or an addendum, the PEB will not review it for military service consideration, but the VA would include it in your cumulative disability ratings.

I would list ALL conditions you have ever been diagnosed with OR suffered from (undiagnosed) while in the service. I would read through every DBQ the VA has to jog my memory and to become aware of things that are compensable that I had no idea the VA recognized (like a painful scar or many scars).