Referred to med board

Runner-up 43

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
I have 17 years in and was recently referred over to a med board for 2 unfitting conditions:

Major depressive disorder. Recurrent. Mild to moderate.

PTSD. Military sexual trauma.

Also have unsuitable condition. Borderline personality disorder. Command does not want to do administrative separation.

I under VA doesn't rate for personality disorders. But does having one effect VA ratings for the other 2 which are considered disabilites?

I have 17 years in and was recently referred over to a med board for 2 unfitting conditions:

Major depressive disorder. Recurrent. Mild to moderate.

PTSD. Military sexual trauma.

Also have unsuitable condition. Borderline personality disorder. Command does not want to do administrative separation.

I under VA doesn't rate for personality disorders. But does having one effect VA ratings for the other 2 which are considered disabilites?
All those conditions will be combined under mental health. So make sure to look at the VA ratings to see what each percentage is for symptoms. Make sure to bring everything up to the C&P exmainer because the DOD% is based on your VA % they give you. If your condition is stable try to get it rated by DOD at PDRL. Otherwise they will make it TDRL and you will need to continue treatment and try to not have any changes so that you can get the rating permanent. Lastly, if something isn't right please fight it. I know that its hard but you have come so far and you don't want to lose everything that you have worked so hard to get regarding benefits and insurance.

But will having the bpd diagnosis effect how the VA rates me for the 2 unfitting conditions?