Remember how your WTU time doesn't count towards reuding your retirement period...

ArmyHist

PEB Forum Regular Member
Registered Member
http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives/corres/pdf/121507p.pdf

Look at Page 17...
(3) Active duty pursuant to section12301(h) of Reference (c)to receive medical care as
a result of a wound, illness, or injury while serving on active service as specified in paragraphs b(1) and b(2)of this section will be treated as a continuation of the original call or order to activeduty or active service for the purposes of reducing the eligibility age for non-regular retirement....

Tiredness is fine (common, and no foul- I certainly feel the pain).

Just to clarify or make the point, the above reference discusses the fact that WTU time does count towards reducing a Reserve Components member's time for reduction of eligibility for non-regular retirement eligibility. The post title suggests the opposite.

Tiredness is fine (common, and no foul- I certainly feel the pain).

Just to clarify or make the point, the above reference discusses the fact that WTU time does count towards reducing a Reserve Components member's time for reduction of eligibility for non-regular retirement eligibility. The post title suggests the opposite.

Right - except it was to make that point exactly for we all get told repeatedly it doesn't count, so the title was an attention grabber :)

Right - except it was to make that point exactly for we all get told repeatedly it doesn't count, so the title was an attention grabber :)

Yep. I was told WTU time counts, BUT CB-WTU does NOT count.

Still trying to figure that out and whether that's true or not.

Also, WTU time counts from 28 Jan 2008 and forward is also what I've heard.

Also, some folks have the incorrect accounting code on their orders instead of the correc 12301(h). Some have 12310 or some other such thing.

How to correct this?????

V/R,
nwlivewire