Request for re evaluation

Jeff.Miske

Registered Member
Good evening everyone. In 2004 I was in a head on collision while on duty (usaf security forces). the lady was going 70 and I was going 45 at impact. I was medically retired in Jan 2006. By Dec 2006 the VA rated me at 70 percent. 13 years later I have decided to put in for request to increase. I get 20 for tinnitus 30 for headaches. 30 for back pain.. and 20 for depression which VA math results in 70 percent total. I have never been through a re eval. Most of my symptoms have remained the same while others have worsened. What should I expect from this process?
FYI. I have a rep from wounded warrior organization and with the local DV group.

Jeff.Miske,

You probably already know this, but whenever one submits additional claims to the VA, the previous ratings can reviewed. Occasionally, the review/evaluation results in a lower overall rating instead of one higher. I am unaware of the number of cases that resulted in lower ratings, but I suspect it is low.

I have encountered veterans on other boards whose ratings were decreased in conjunction with the submittal of new claims.

Your representatives can provide information on this subject.

Ron

Thank you for the reply. I understand the risk associated with the re eval. I guess I fall into the 10 year rule. Also with putting request I have a year to gather evidence related to this Once I gather all supporting evidence and get it to my representative we can proceed or cancel. I guess I Am in the worry stages now as I have lots of questions. is there a good resource I can engage?

Thank you for the reply. I understand the risk associated with the re eval. I guess I fall into the 10 year rule. Also with putting request I have a year to gather evidence related to this Once I gather all supporting evidence and get it to my representative we can proceed or cancel. I guess I Am in the worry stages now as I have lots of questions. is there a good resource I can engage?
I am aware of only:

LINK for VA Benefits, Compensation Page (with links within)<----

You can search for certain laws at Cornell Law. LINK to 38 CFR at Cornell Law <----

Ron