Requesting info about my particular MEB situation

DJB9110

Registered Member
Good Afternoon,

I am in the very beginning stage of the MEB process. I actually haven't gotten a final diagnosis yet, but have been on a temporary profile for almost 12 months. They said this is what initiated the MEB. The conditions I currently have that I have acquired since joining the military are IBS/IBD (This is what hasn't been formally diagnosed), GERD, high blood pressure, and anxiety/depression.
I have tried researching answers, but everyone's case is so different that it is hard to get the answer I am searching for. My questions are:
1. Is there a good possibility that these conditions would get approved through the MEB process?
2. What is this severance pay that I keep reading about? I have been in a little over 5 years.
3. I looked up percentages from DoD and VA, but I am unsure if they are accurate. Is there a good indication of what they would be from my conditions?
4. I have a family, so I am trying to figure out where this would leave us financially. Should I try to fight the MEB to stay in or would I receive a decent amount every month after the MEB is complete?

I really appreciate any help I can get as I am very unfamiliar with the MEB process. Thank you in advance!

DB

theunknowntoby

Registered Member
Good Afternoon!

I am in a similar situation. Who is gong to refer your case to the DAWG? Mine was referred through my psychiatrist; however, my PCM and a host of other individuals have been involved with my care.

DJB9110

Registered Member
Good Afternoon!

I am in a similar situation. Who is gong to refer your case to the DAWG? Mine was referred through my psychiatrist; however, my PCM and a host of other individuals have been involved with my care.
My PCM is the one doing the referral, but I do see BH regularly as well.

Superchochee

Registered Member
I am in almost the exact same boat. my BH were the ones to refer me while we are still trying to figure out IBS/IBD. and now my stomach condition is being added.

chaplaincharlie

Staff Member
PEB Forum Lifetime Supporter
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
Until the severity of your symptoms is assessed, you will probably not know where you stand.

data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-matched-content-rows-num="3" data-matched-content-columns-num="1" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">