Reserve Sanctuary with Medical Hold Orders

HMSRepulse

Registered Member
What is the Army policy on medical hold orders that take a service-member over 18 years of service into sanctuary? The Marine Corps requires Marines to sign a sanctuary waiver, and will withhold medical hold orders until they have it, even if it means demobilizing and then having to remobilize a Marine. I understand that the Army issues the orders and then if the service-member is found unfit, they are gone, but if they are found fit then they can claim sanctuary and finish out to 20 YOS. The Marine Corps claims their policy aligns with the other services, but that does not seem correct.

OK. But then the Army does not require soldiers to "waive" it, correct? The Marine Corps requires a waiver so that if you are found fit, they will still deny sanctuary.

Sanctuary does not apply if you are referred to a MEB.

https://www.hrc.army.mil/content/Enlisted Sanctuary Program

Can I apply for Sanctuary if I am pending an MEB?

The Sanctuary team can calculate your AFS, but your packet will not be processed until you are found fit for duty and provide supporting documentation.

gsfowler -

Do you know the Air Force policy or have a link? I am AF Reservist currently in Sanctuary at +18 yrs AD points (390 points shy of 7300)+(29 TAFMS) and am facing probable MEB.
Currently, I have to sign a Sanctuary Waiver letter signed by the Wing Commander waiving my rights to sanctuary for every single order processed.

Thank you for your smarts!

I do not know the AF policy.

Back