Reservist who's been waiting on PEB review, but already VA rated prior to PEB submission.

ajusaf

Registered Member
I'm in the reserve and I'm currently not drilling due to pending PEB review. I was on ADSW with the Navy and was diagnosed with sleep apnea and neck issue during Covid 19 outbreak. I went through BUMEDS process and they said I couldn't be retained for several reasons. I received 100% from VA recently and elected to go through the PEB review. My reserve unit medical dept told me recently that they were able to see that PEB is reviewing my files, but I have not seen or heard anything official.

I noticed that many on this forum are going through PEB before pushing the VA rating. I'm assuming that PEB will move quickly with my file since BUMEDS already said that I shouldn't be retained as well as my VA rating? I have 23 good years and only 4100 points.

Thanks in advance for your inputs.

I am reservist. I thought my ratings would be solid going into MEB. I am awaiting like you. My MEB NARSUM misinterpretted some of VA docs. So I am praying that my ratings stick...keep me posted...i only have 18 plus years.

I'm active. Also waiting on the PEB results and the VA completed the ratings on 4 April 2021. Currently on day 43 of the PEB.