Resources For Chronic Multisymptom Illness-Formally Know As Gulf War Syndrome

Former MiTT Team Leader

PEB Forum Regular Member
PEB Forum Veteran
Registered Member
All- ask a question here a few days back about treatment and testing centers for Chronic Multisymptom Illness and really did not get response was looking for. After a few clues from the local VA OEF/OIF Representative, I did a little digging and this is what I found that I hope some will find helpful.

There are 3-VA War Related Illness and Injury Study Center's- Plao Alto, CA; Washington DC, and East Orange NJ. The VA website is a follows and outlines all admission criteria:

http://www.warrelatedillness.va.gov/WARRELATEDILLNESS/contact.asp

Also, found VA/DoD CLINICAL PRACTICE GUIDELINE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF CHRONIC MULTISYMPTOM ILLNESS version 2-dated 2014. It is attached.

Do not be surprised if the first line of treatment offered is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and anti-depressant's.

Hope this all helps somebody as it was a pain in rear to find.

Attachments

• VADoDCMICPG.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
This is a very interesting document in that the recommended treatment plans tend to have weak evidence for being effective.

Roger that ChaplainCharlie- I am living proof. The OEF/OIF representative is trying to get me referred to one of the testing and study centers as I have done everything recommended in this memo and then some and am on all the recommended medications and nothing has worked.

Just hope somebody else benefits from this information as it is not easily found.